What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today it's more well aged Aperitif in an old no name billiard (yard pipe)

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Afternoon All, Maltese Falcon in my IMP Meer Calabash, Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

just finished some MB navy flake in a mastro beradi bent ( i'm not sure with the proper name of the pipe shape is ) anyway, the MB navy flake is already one of my three favorite blends, its one of the few tobaccos that taste like it smells in the tin so far in my short pipe smoking career.

My TGIF smoke is Maltese Falcon in a Tinsky Canadian

Finally got well enough, and the weather warmed up enough, to enjoy a couple of bowls. C&D Longevity in a Curt Rollar 1/8th bent; FMOTP in a David Barnes Dublin sitter. For you guys who enjoy flakes; I highly recommend the Longevity!! FTRPLT

Heading out to the back patio with a Punch Grand Puro Libertad 8) This cigar was so good yesterday that I had to go back for a couple more :)

I seem to be in a VA mood. Just finished a week of 12 hour nightshifts this morning. I feel surreal. After 3 hours of sleep I'm not quite sure if I'm awake or not, but this OGS in a meer-lined Jean Claude sure tastes good. I'll try to get some sleep soon. Luckily after a week of nights we get a week off. Plenty of time to enjoy my pipes and life in all It's glory :cheers:

I started the AM off with a bowl of 2015 in a meer. Not sure yet whats next. Most likely some Goldeb Glow or Waccamaw or some aged burley flake. Something will jump at me when the time comes :lol!: :cyclops: :sunny:

Was working in Charlotte, NC three weeks ago. Took the opportunity to visit the McCrainies Pipe Shop south of the airport. Picked up several of their blends; had a bowl of Hellsgate in a DH 120 last evening. A bit sweeter than I normally smoke; but pretty darn good. Not sure if the sweetness comes from the Vas, or if there is just a bit of sweet cavendish in the mixture. FTRPLT

No work today, started the morning off with a bowl of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark flake, then Tin Man and I went and hung out at Tobacco Road for a couple of hours and I partook of a Gurkha vintage estate shaggy torpedo (YUM! 8) ).

Now that's how a monday is supposed to be spent. :D

Puff Daddy":bxramwfe said:
No work today, started the morning off with a bowl of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark flake, then Tin Man and I went and hung out at Tobacco Road for a couple of hours and I partook of a Gurkha vintage estate shaggy torpedo (YUM! 8) ).

Now that's how a monday is supposed to be spent. :D
:mrgreen:

Sturk's Balkan Mixture in a Ruthenberg. From Sturk's Tobacconists, Cape Town, South Africa. Established 1793

NSPiper at Smokers Forums gifted me a sample. Nice strength. Keeps your interest, so the complexity must be quite good. It's not a latakia bomb, but it's present.

There is a bit of Lakeland flavor. Something I opine that may be from a certain type of tobacco, or where it's grown, and how it's processed. Not so much from a floral scent addition. It comes and goes and is never overpowering. But I have no firsthand knowledge of this being a fact.

Nice tobacco flavor. Interesting to see different ideas of what a Balkan is.

The temperature topped 60 deg, today so I enjoyed some Embarcadero in my #55 Castello on my afternoon walk with Jake.

i had my next to last bowl of PCCA BEacon in a Tinsky Forum pipe (of another board i'm a member of - it's a paneled apple/author type shape, oval stem, sandblasted).

Status
Not open for further replies.