What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirt version:
Scottish Cake in a Stanwell.

Long version: Robert McConnell Scottish Cake,from 04 gifted me by Ole Dog, in a nearly new Stanwell 217 rustico.
I bought the pipe a few days after I received the tobacco,it is a replacement for a Stanwell H17. I have no clue what he diff is between a 217 and an H17, other than a tad less rustication on the new one they could have been twins.
All I've smoked in this pipe is the Scottish Cake,

Scottish Cake is a tempormental blend. Smoke it to fast and you will think your heads on fire,but if you slow down :D :D.
I perceive it to be a mild smoke,but it really has a good amount of flavor. I wish I were the type to be able to wax poetic about flavors but I'm not. The tin aroma is fruity,like rotton fruit actually, but it doesn't transfer into the smoke. The smoke for lack of better terminology is bready like, like a mildly sweet bread. The flavor lingers long after smoking and makes me desire a good cheese and some wine.

I guess I'll go see what TR has to say about it now :). I may be loving on a hated product. :)

Even' All, Boar's Head in my David Jones black rust. bent. Dublin, from '04 PSNF in a Tim Hynick freehand, a great pipe! Ken,
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Smoking my last pipeful in an old friend. Westminster in a Tornado Stanwell.

This was one of the pipe I had with me and smoked on the way home the night the Mrs gave me that call. I smoked the other one with Penzance earlier today. I plan on cleaning them both up when I get home tommorow and sending them to new homes friday.

C&D's Woodstock Races in my Tan Brebbia Sandblast Calabash.
Smooth as silk

Funn

Some more McCrainies Balkan Supreme in a David Barnes Dublin; FMOTT in a Curt Rollar 1/8th rusticated bent. FTRPLT

A real coincidence....Funn's mention of Woodstock Races is the first I remember seeing this tobacco mentioned on a board. A fine VA/oriental blend that is smooth as silk. I bought a tin not too long ago and am smoking a bowl in my LeNuvole bent dublin.

Jim

I am smoking a bowl of Lux Navy Flake from PS. It sure taste great to me LOL especially after being jarred for7 years. Lordy does it taste good :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

Marlin Flake in a Savinelli Roma. This tastes GOOD :cheers:

EDIT: Typo

Enjoyed a bowl of McCrainies Super Balkan in a Tim West plateaux bent. This tobac is cut a little fine for me. I'm mixing it with some of my jar 'baccy and some Heavy English to slow the burn!! FTRPLT

Status
Not open for further replies.