What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening, Brothers (and Sisters),

This evening, on a long ride home from Columbus, I smoked "two-fisted." I smoked two S&R large billiard Yard pipes, one loaded up with McClelland's Drama Reserve and the other filled with McClelland's Smyrna No. 1. I smoked maybe 5-10 puffs of each before sipping a little water and then smoking the other.

To me, these two blends are very similar in their Virginia content and in that way present a nice, easy-smoking & sweet smoke (although the sweetness may be due in part to a similar topping). The difference between the two is not dramatic, but is in the orientals.

I found the Smyrna to have the stronger oriental presence, which was a bit more spicy and sharper or salient than with the Drama, which seems more melded with the Virginia. The Drama is a softer smoke with a somewhat more subtle oriental presence. Both are excellent. I might prefer the Drama for a first bowl and the Smyrna for a later bowl, preferring as I do to smoke heavier blends later in the day, if I smoke more than one bowl. I highly recommend both of these blends.

Been raining so hard today that I've looked up Ark blueprints on the web. Currently, at 10:00 PM EDT (or at 4 Bells of the First Watch - RIP Sailorman Jack) it is 50 degrees F., with a light south wind (2-5 mph), in a light mist in Port Clinton. There is still ice cover on some of the Western Basin of Lake Erie, so no wave forecasts have been provided.

I'm watching a little college basketball, sipping a little Bookers cut with a little cool water. Time to turn in.

Wishing you all a very pleasant evening and a peaceful night, wherever you are.

TC

PS - apologies, as I posted this on another board, but had a rare bit of time to read and post on pipe boards, so here you go. Hope you all are doing well. I'll be able to pop in a bit more come April. Take care!

Late night and early morning great smoke. McC Yenidje Highlander in a Poker Meer.

Good smoke along with a good conversation with a Good Friend to pass the night.

Thanks, to the one who nows who u r.

Good morning,

PS Luxury Twist Flake in a Peterson emerald calabash shape.

:D Paul

Enjoying a bowl of 2015/marlin flake mix in a meer. I really love this mix!!
Getting the memoryy greatly increased in the computer and getting a high speed hook up. The reason for the memory is seperate from the high speed. I want to instally the photo thing and installa games that needs high speed to play on line. It should be done in 10 to 14 days and Lord knows I am looking forward to it. This dial up really sucks. We talked it over lasr night and got a real good discount because of where she works has antennas on their roof and iuts the same service they have at her job. I can't wait LMAO :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Even' All, PS Bullseye after two yrs., wonderful, nice and dark now, figgy & raisiney, in my David Jones bent rust. Dublin, Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Some well aged Dunhill NIghtcap bulk in a Stanwell #13 Vario billiard with saddle stem. I love the bulk NIghtcap. Lane Ltd. should have never discontinued it. :x

Baileys Front Forch in a James Upshall long-shanked billiard. I'm still forming an opinion on this Burley-based blend. The combo of burley, perique, latweed, and golden Vas is different than my usual 'baccys. FTRPLT

Bill":fidedql8 said:
Some well aged Dunhill NIghtcap bulk in a Stanwell #13 Vario billiard with saddle stem. I love the bulk NIghtcap. Lane Ltd. should have never discontinued it. :x
Not sure who's I ordered yesterday, but it would seem Pipes & Cigars has some. They had been out.

Good morning all,

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Peterson donegal.

:D Paul

Thank God for the beautiful weather here . Compared to a lot of other places its perfect. I sure hope they all come through it in good shape. The weather is even better while I'm enjoying a bowl of marlin flake in a Radice hawkbill. They make a great pair :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

Dunhill Nightcap bulk in a Charatan Belvedere smooth billiard. A wonderful smoke following a long work day.

Just loaded up my favorite Wilke billiard sitter with my own blend. Delicious.

Even' All , G&H's Rich Dark Honey Dew, no relation of Gallagher's Rich Dark Honeydew of yore, in my Tom Dunn's Barkley-Rex Long Shanked ,saddle bit smooth pot, Ken.
Pcem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Status
Not open for further replies.