What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toque Berwick Brown. First day snuffing at work, should be interesting!

HDT courtesy of DrumsAndBeer. Very nice stuff, this could be trouble!

Couldn't wait, tried the Poschl Gawith Apricot. First mentholated snuff, and I'm glad I already ordered several!

Arrived home to find some Viking Dark in the mailbox.

Oh my goodness, that is really good stuff!

F&T High Dry Toast & Viking Dark are the menu for today at the office.

Really enjoying the Toast right now.

First snuff of WoS Crumbs of Comfort. That is a lot of spearmint, which I'm really enjoying!

F&T French Carotte. This flavor is growing on me. It's great "outdoor" snuff. A little before my long morning walk makes things a bit more interesting.

My stand by - 50/50 mix of Toque Whiskey & Honey and Grunt

Wilson's Ice Licorice. This stuff is by far and away the best mentholated snuff I have had yet. Beats the Polschl stuff by a country mile.

ok, added some the Ice Licorice to the cart at MrSnuff. Just had a nice helping of the Poschl and really enjoyed it. Guess I'll have to try the Ice Licorice now!

DrumsAndBeer":z1y3wd8o said:
Wilson's Ice Licorice. This stuff is by far and away the best mentholated snuff I have had yet. Beats the Polschl stuff by a country mile.
I wish I could take mentholated snuffs I get a rebound effect in the worse way. Mentholated snuffs close up my sinuses for days!

Slide":8rkea242 said:
I wish I could take mentholated snuffs I get a rebound effect in the worse way. Mentholated snuffs close up my sinuses for days!
Scott, this is what I was referring to with the Wilsons vs. Poschl comparison. The first snuff I ever tried was Poschl Gawith Apricot. It's very invigorating, but after a few weeks with WoS Ice Licorice, I am starting to realize how overly mentholated the Poschl snuffs are. Stylistically the Poschl menthols are in a category all their own, and anyone sensitive to menthol should be wary of them. WoS Ice Licorice on the other hand is much more of an all day kind of menthol, where with the Poschl flavors I need to break out the Neti-pot before bed for a good "sinus douching" if I don't want to wake up with a sore throat. Nonetheless, I still love the P. G. Apricot. :p

Tonight a little Berwick Brown courtesy of Pete. Thanks again brother, great stuff (ahem, I mean snuff).

Chris

Chris, glad to hear you got the Brewick, hope you enjoy it as much as I am the HDT (and Poschl's).

so I think a little HDT before bed!

DrumsAndBeer":asizklkj said:
Toque Berwick Brown. I do like it! :twisted:
One of the first snuffs that really got me into it. I still like it a lot but I ended up gravitating to more subtle scents.

Slide":x51j7zwf said:
One of the first snuffs that really got me into it. I still like it a lot but I ended up gravitating to more subtle scents.
I hear you Slide, I see myself moving in that direction myself. It would be good to know which flavors you enjoy given my limited experience with snus. I think modern day plumbing and the overall emphasis on personal hygiene has dated several of the more fragrant snuffs quite dramatically. That said, I try to picture myself in 18th century England, streets full of rubbish, sewage, and people that haven't bathed in several weeks. Then I bust out the F&T Morlaix, go on a walk & the foul stench of humanity just fades away. Snuff, your best friend and personal deodorizer. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.