What are your favorite Sutliff tins?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LordTemplar":3h88obzq said:
Sutliff Private Stock Blend #5.
THIS for sure. It's a sleeper Balkan/English which can hold it's own with ANYTHING GLP, Dunhill or others produce !!

I agree with Monbia about Blend #5, which is Sutliff President Paul Creasy's favorite blend. The Luxury Balkan 957, which is a recreation of Balkan Sobranie 759 is very good, too.

JimInks":3db39wkl said:
I agree with Monbia about Blend #5, which is Sutliff President Paul Creasy's favorite blend. The Luxury Balkan 957, which is a recreation of Balkan Sobranie 759 is very good, too.
I forgot about 957 :fpalm:  It is the closest I've tried recently of ALL the "just like" blends for 759!!  :D 

And for those of us who have fallen out of love with Latakia, what are the recommendations?

BRG, CD Blend are two of my favorite non-lat blends. I wrote about all of them in the link I posted earlier. R-Blend has a very slight bit of latakia, and I like that one, too. You hardly notice the latakia in that one.

Golden Age has a touch of perique/orientals and no latakia that I taste. You might want to consult a more sophisticated palate on this one. I just smoked a bowl of it, and it is pretty good.

Add me to the No 5. chorus (although I think it still falls well short most Dunnhill, GLP, McC latakia blends)

Otherwise, I have yet to find a Sutliff blend that I really care for, to be quite honest. If you're an aromatic kind of guy, I know Molto Dolce seems to be all the rage these days (I haven't had it, personally, though).

My favorite Sutliff blend, light on the latakia, is Man's Best Friend.

I do appreciate the offer, but I don't usually go in for aromatics (I'm a "four or five bowls a month of Lane 1Q" sort of guy). I was just going based on word of mouth. Very kind of you, though.