What are your top 5 favorite bulk tobaccos?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendal Kentucky
Dark Bird's Eye
Brown Irish X
Luxury Navy Flake
Old Joe Krantz

Luxury Bullseye
H&H Virginia Spice
John Patton Oriental Dusk
C&D Oriental Silk
Grasmere Flake

5 Honorable Mentions:
Iwan Ries - IRC VA Flake
Luxury Navy Flake
Newminster 403 Round Slices
Arango Balkan Supreme
Mac Baren Scottish Mixture

Gone But Not Forgotten:
H&H Steamroller

- Navy Flakes by PS and Newminster -- Like them both, and in a blind test  I couldn't tell the difference, so I'm counting them as one. So sue me.
- Mac Baren Plumcake -- It's available in a bulky one pound bag. Great stuff and doesn't bite, not me, anyway.
- Mac Baren Virginia #1 -- Nice Va smoke for less.
- McC 5100 -- Great by itself or blended.
- Peter Stokkebye Proper English -- All day smoke, ages well, great value.

These are mine... wanted to put my 5 in before I read the lot...

PS Luxury Bullseye Flake
McClelland 2015
McClelland 5100
C&D Star of the East
Newminster Superior Round Slices

AJ":ke9hdeiw said:
PS English Oriental Supreme
Arango Balkan Supreme
GH&Co Grasmere Flake
Trout Stream.

Well darn! Seems like I can't count to five without a mistake. :oops:

AJ
You simply seized the opportunity to make a list, and you know we pipe smokers love to make random lists one way or another!

Lancer Slice
Stokkebye Proper English
Gawith Balkan Flake
C&D Odessa
H&H Ten to Midnite

Honorable mention - H&H Larry's Blend

No particular order

Wake, your a Balkan lover so you state. A must try for you is 
H&H BlackHouse. One of my top 10 favorite blends. Only in a tin version but worth every penny. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

@lonecoyote - I have a tin of Blackhouse and a tin of Magnum Opus waiting for the right moment to open and try. I have not had either, yet,
although I have enjoyed plenty of White Kinight, which is a favorite.

Wake, if you like WhiteKnight as much as I do, you will be ordering a number of BlackHouse tins for aging. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote - It's a definite favorite yes. As soon as I finish off 1 or 2 more tins, I will be popping it. I have way too many open right now.

Hmmm...I'd probably go with (in no order):

H&H Louisiana Red
PS LBF
C&D Poplar Camp
John Patton Crossroads (I really need to get more of this ASAP)
GH Ennerdale Flake

SG Squadron Leader
McC Eastern Carolina Ribbon
McC 5100
Synjeco Greenodd Rope
Straus Tobacconist Union Terminal

Going back to some who mentioned Arango Balkan Supreme, wasn't this PS Balkan Supreme before? Are they two separate blends or one in the same?

nismo270r":1mkqb0jq said:
SG Squadron Leader
McC 5100
Synjeco Greenodd Rope

Going back to some who mentioned Arango Balkan Supreme, wasn't this PS Balkan Supreme before? Are they two separate blends or one in the same?
I forgot about Greenodd Rope...that's good stuff too. My only complaint was that the moisture was way too high and required a lot of drying time (even more than I need for SG flakes). Maybe it was just that batch?

Billy Budd
Haunted Bookshop
Stormfront
Oriental Dusk
Virginia Gentleman

In no particular order:
Arango Balkan Supreme
Lancer's Slices
Tashkent
Crossroads
Stormfront

idbowman":0um9rs8u said:
nismo270r":0um9rs8u said:
SG Squadron Leader
McC 5100
Synjeco Greenodd Rope

I forgot about Greenodd Rope...that's good stuff too.  My only complaint was that the moisture was way too high and required a lot of drying time (even more than I need for SG flakes).  Maybe it was just that batch?
All the Synjeco ropes I have had were pretty moist. I think most of G&H's ropes I've had for that matter were pretty moist.

Just doing my bit as an enabler, 4noggins has ten percent off site wide for the next two days if you want to stock up on bulk tobacco.

Not an affiliate, just a happy customer.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, thanks for the 4Noggins heads up!! I need to order a few John Patton's bulks especially the recent one that was gifted to me ....
John Patton's Storm Front, can be an all day smoke for me, it was that good if your a Burley lover. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Doesn't look like I was fast enough on the 4Noggins deal. Dang.