What do you drive?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergxu

Reaction score
Here's one of mine :D

new117.jpg

A 1997 Ford Ranger, the small 4 cylinder,5 speed, no cruise.. Two busted out tail lights, a ton of dents including on the tailgate where a ghettofab homey decided it needed some new dents, A/C and windshield whipers quit working about 50k miles ago, the paint is peeling off of the hood and roof...

puros_bran":18mzjxth said:
A 1997 Ford Ranger, the small 4 cylinder,5 speed, no cruise.. Two busted out tail lights, a ton of dents including on the tailgate where a ghettofab homey decided it needed some new dents, A/C and windshield whipers quit working about 50k miles ago, the paint is peeling off of the hood and roof...
But does it leak oil?

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 that I paid way too much for because my credit is so whacked from trying to make a living in a failing economy as a tradesman. It replaced a 1994 Ford 150 with 250k miles and a transmission so shot it would no longer climb the mountains I live in without burning far more fuel than I could afford, and couldn't replace. Oh and our 'back up vehicle' is a 1985 Chevy S 10 four banger that runs when it wants too ... our vehicle insurance just went up, I guess they need their pound of flesh before we die ...

The wife drives a Camry. I am inbetween cars right now due to a cracked engine block on my grand prix. After the holidays it looks like there is a Fusion in my future.

On the weekends I am helping my father restore a '72 Chevelle Malibu which will one day be mine.

Texas Outlaw":37f3ry81 said:
2009 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner access cab.
We just got a 1999 Prerunner and love it. In need of a tuneup, and full of quirks and aftermarket bells & whistles, but loving it so far.

(Everything but the ridiculous faux bullet-holes decals on the back. Gotta steam those off soon. It doesn't look "tough"; I don't have enemies; and if I do, they better hope their caliber is higher and grouping is tighter than that!)

The regular ride is a '99 Saturn wagon--plenty of cargo room and doesn't hurt the wallet for gas.

I recently bought a 1996 4x4 Chevy Suburban with only 68,000 miles on it. I stole it for a song. They don't make 'em like this anymore... her name is "Dee Dee" and she's outfitted with chrome bumpers and a killer Alpine. She's a guzzler, but also quite large and quite safe for myself and my family. (I have a four month old baby daughter.) It is not a daily driver, but more for trips and such. This baby can swaller some gear, let me tell ya!! My wife drives a Subaru Outback that is great on gas and handles snow like a champ.

My daily ride is a 2000 Chevy Prism which is a Toyota Corolla in disguise. I've had it for about 5 years, got it for a bargain cause it had been wrecked & repaired. It's got about 149K on it and still gets 30-32 mpg, AC quit 2 yrs ago, now the heater only works on high, the check engine lights been on for a year. In the winter I have four studded snow tires that will take me anywhere a 4x4 will go, unless the snow is too deep (which we haven't had to worry about for a few years now (global warming etc...)). We still get icy roads & she pulls on through. I have a 1999 Ford F150 with a V6 for the farm and when I need to haul stuff. The wife drives a 2000 Toyota RAV4.
I guess if we didnt spend so much on pipes & baccy we could all buy new cars eah?

Ha! A fellow Jag-ster. I have a 1998 XJR, a 390 hp gentlemen’s' lounge that smells suspiciously like latakia--by far the best car I have owned, but it is dangerous in any sort of weather. It has never leaked a spot of oil, and even holds coolant...when it feels like it. I think it, like most predators, it feels the need to mark it's territory from time to time.

A ten yo Honda Civic, I recently put $12 into the gas tank, what is this Country going To?!! Kem :tongue: :santa:
Pacem en Peddeling! :tongue: :santa:

A 1998 Honda Civic for me. 5 speed, heat hardly works, no winter tires, no power locks or windows. It's a great vehicle!

Does a really old Yellow Diamond Back Bicycle with squeaky pedals, and a creaky frame count?

the macdonald":ibv5cdf3 said:
Ha! A fellow Jag-ster. I have a 1998 XJR, a 390 hp gentlemen’s' lounge that smells suspiciously like latakia--by far the best car I have owned, but it is dangerous in any sort of weather. It has never leaked a spot of oil, and even holds coolant...when it feels like it. I think it, like most predators, it feels the need to mark it's territory from time to time.
you got a good one
My parents owned one XJ6, as I recall, in the mid eighties.
Total POS
The traded it in on a Peugeot.
another POS
Traded the Peugeot on a Candyapple red thunder chicken which turned out to be a fairly reliable car.

We did a Cash for Clunkers with my '91 Ford F250 4x4 on a 2009 Rav4 v6 4x4. Got rid of the 2001 Impala to a niece in Indiana. Still have a 2005 Impala and bought a used 2000 Chevy Z71 4x4 shortbed with 170,000 miles to tow the trailer with and do other duties. Have an '85 Honda 700 Sabre in the shed I need to get running and sell.

I drive this one a lot. :D

jd110.jpg

jd210.jpg