What Is Your Favorite Morning Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know since I was looking at Blackpoint. Both sound very interesting!

Anyone had any experience with G. L. Pease Quiet Nights?

Still testing the waters, but for now P.S. luxury Navy flake with strong coffee.

CarterHallJunkie":bnea6yh2 said:
Good to know since I was looking at Blackpoint. Both sound very interesting!

Anyone had any experience with G. L. Pease Quiet Nights?
My impressions on the three GLP blends you asked about:

Abingdon- full bodied Balkan mixture with heavy amounts of Latakia/Orientals. Dry, leathery, earthy taste with a slight amount of sweetness

Blackpoint - medium bodied English Mixture with moderate Latakia. Nice sweetness comes through with the addition of perique and more va's than Abingdon. Haven't had a fresh tin but I have a jar from 2003 that I dip into from time to time and it is exquisite

Quiet Nights - very similar Oriental used as Penzance. Incense like flavor with decent amount of Latakia, with Va in the background adding body to the mixture

All 3 are worth trying IMO. Let us know what your thoughts are once you try any or all of those 3.

-Scott

Natch":tmspcqkx said:
LIPIPE":tmspcqkx said:
Brewdude: Shame shame! Nothing should ever preclude your first morning smoke or your last evening smoke......NOTHING! Set the alarm clock earlier and never hit the sack until the last bowl is done. It is all a brother's routine. Those are probably the only two sane times of any man's day. Everything else in between is the rat race. Just gotta set Testosterone priorities and stick with the program.
Here, here!! (the sound of tapping of canes around the room as the old fogies clear their throats and mumble in agreement). That's why (well, one of the reasons anyway) I get up at 5:00 AM, so I can have a peaceful bowl, a cup or two of coffee, and watch the dawn arrive. I still make it out of the house by 7:15 to meet my student's before my 8:00 class. Even on days where my first class is later, I still get up at 5:00 to enjoy the dawn, then get some work done before work.

Natch
Sound advice young man, sound advice. I do not decide if I'm going to do "anything" until after coffe and a pipe or two. Liten to these two gentlemen...tap...tap...hurmph.

Sand18f: Good morning sir! The three of us gentlemen, all three score plus and all three of us educators, thinkers and men of culture and accomplishment in one way or another have come to the same conclusions about the routines of comfortable living and the "reserved place" our pipes have in our lives. Is it not wonderful that we are scattered, yet that we meet here and reap the benefit of each other's friendship and wisdom? Let me add my good friend Airborne who like us is three score plus, an educator, a thinker, and a man of culture and accomplishment to our select group. This morning having just arisen, I am smoking my first pipe, a Whitehall Balmoral billiard filled tightly with Maltese Falcon. It is a grey Autumn morning here on Long Island, however there is light in my home and a very inviting aroma afforded by my delicious first morning pipe.