What is your monthly 'bac consumption?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish Mike":llk4qrsa said:
I would say I average about 15 bowls a week, I smoke 2 bowls a day Mon thru Thurs and the rest spread out from Friday through Sunday.
Like I-Mike, two bowls a day, pretty much every day, and an extra one on weekends (sometimes). Probably just under a half pound per month.

Natch

Well, when funds permitted I used to get through around 24oz a month, for the next year I will only be able to afford 2oz a month, no laughing you guys, for a Lady-N flirt like myself this is going to be a very unhappy year, but not right now as I am smoking my second bowl of JKP today already (thanks to our wonderful Brothers in Mexico, you guys are my Heroes, I love you guys) and I am happy as a Pig in muck. :)

I buy a 50g tin every Friday morning from my B&M. Every Thursday night I'm finishing a tin. 8)
As the Brothers over the pond say, 'You do the math...' :D

I haven't been smoking a pipe that long but I go through about 4 50g tins a month. I usually have a dunhill going, an ashton, and two other new tins that I have never tried. Last month is was Frog Morton and Peterson's Sherlock Holmes. This month so far it's Dunhill flake and haven't figured out what the other one will be. I'm sure once the weather is nicer, consumption will probably go up, since I don't have to stand outside and freeze while smoking my pipe.

I don't have the record keeping that you guys do nor the lengthy history, but in my few months since revisiting this hobby I'm at around 2-3 oz per week. Depending on which pipe I'm smoking it comes out to 2-4 bowls per day. Most of it is lane bulks with the occasional tin. Its not that I don't want to try more tins, its that I have yet to find a good supply of tins in the north Atlanta area. There are a select few places that even have a decent mixture of bulks, so short of ordering online its pretty slim pickings. Additionally I'm smoking about 12 cigars a month and drinking about 750ml per week of single malt islay scotch of varying brands and age.

Please refrain from telling my wife how much my indulgence costs :lol:

gurkhafanatic":0m8z200z said:
I don't have the record keeping that you guys do nor the lengthy history, but in my few months since revisiting this hobby I'm at around 2-3 oz per week. Depending on which pipe I'm smoking it comes out to 2-4 bowls per day. Most of it is lane bulks with the occasional tin. Its not that I don't want to try more tins, its that I have yet to find a good supply of tins in the north Atlanta area. There are a select few places that even have a decent mixture of bulks, so short of ordering online its pretty slim pickings. Additionally I'm smoking about 12 cigars a month and drinking about 750ml per week of single malt islay scotch of varying brands and age.

They find out :twisted:

monbla256":aqtrlg6j said:
gurkhafanatic":aqtrlg6j said:

They find out :twisted:
She is in for a ride. I told her the other day that I'm itching to get a Peterson and might pick one up if I find one I like when we go on vacation in may, and she responded that I've lost my mind if I spend over 100 bucks on a pipe. Methinks she envisions pipemaking as trimming down a 2x4 and drilling a hole in it.

gurkhafanatic":fc626x9v said:
She is in for a ride. I told her the other day that I'm itching to get a Peterson and might pick one up if I find one I like when we go on vacation in may, and she responded that I've lost my mind if I spend over 100 bucks on a pipe. Methinks she envisions pipemaking as trimming down a 2x4 and drilling a hole in it.
Tell her you bought a $600 Dunhill, just to see how she reacts. :mrgreen:

Ocelot55":ek5rn85o said:
gurkhafanatic":ek5rn85o said:
Tell her you bought a $600 Dunhill, just to see how she reacts. :mrgreen:
Funny you mention that, I'm sitting in smoking den enjoying some coffee and a morning smoke and I just sent her a couple links on ebay. One was a dunhill at 450, and the other two were around 120, a Peterson 314 and a hca smooth. I dunno why but I love the hca line that can be changed to a churchwarden.

Estates are very easy to get in the door. Show them a new pipe and it is easy to say about an estate pipe, "This pipe has been around for a while." If pressed for additional details you may have to fess up that it hasn't been around your house that long :lol:

Slide":qvcjwtps said:
Estates are very easy to get in the door. Show them a new pipe and it is easy to say about an estate pipe, "This pipe has been around for a while." If pressed for additional details you may have to fess up that it hasn't been around your house that long :lol:
You could always do the "...it was one of my dead Uncles pipes and my Aunt sent it (them if more than one :twisted: ) to me" :twisted: If you have a big family on both sides, and a bunch of 'em are dead, you could work this one for a good while :evil: :twisted:

It is kinda hard to say exactly what I am smoking, but what I can tell you is it ain't aromatic.

I usually buy bulk blends to smoke daily, and then before I get too low, I top off my plexiglass containers again. I am also cracking open a tin occasionally, but I mostly try to cellar all my tins, unless I am trying a tin of something new I am thinking of buying in bulk.

I usually smoke 2 bowls a day, but some days 2 bowls and a cigar, but then other days 3 bowls and no cigar.