What movie are you watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.aspx

Just finished the 4th and final season. Gotta say I'm truly impressed with the entire ST Enterprise adventure. Perhaps more so than any other ST series, and given that TNG has been my measuring stick that statement from me is significant. In fact I lamented the close of this series perhaps more so than any other. Can't say enough about it!

Way great writing, acting, effects, plot arcs, etc. Totally consuming.

:alien:

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished the 4th and final season. Gotta say I'm truly impressed with the entire ST Enterprise adventure. Perhaps more so than any other ST series, and given that TNG has been my measuring stick that statement from me is significant. In fact I lamented the close of this series perhaps more so than any other. Can't say enough about it!

Way great writing, acting, effects, plot arcs, etc. Totally consuming.

:alien:

Cheers,

RR
Would have like a better ending but overall a great series.

On season 1 episode 3 of Picard right now. Pretty good so far.

Would have like a better ending but overall a great series.

On season 1 episode 3 of Picard right now. Pretty good so far.

I also thought the ending could have been better. It kind of left one dangling. But what a hoot to see Riker and Troi make an appearance.

Now onto ST Discovery. Just watched the first 2 episodes and it has me hooked. But it's pretty dark so far!

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished up season 1, and color me impressed!

Quite innovative story lines, great acting, special effects off the charts, and so on. Very dark plots, somewhat difficult to follow at times, even with the CC feature. Interesting how this series was set 100 years after ST Enterprise and 10 years before the original series. Really fills in the timeline.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyable, well except for one aspect I could have done well without!

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished up season 1, and color me impressed!

Quite innovative story lines, great acting, special effects off the charts, and so on. Very dark plots, somewhat difficult to follow at times, even with the CC feature. Interesting how this series was set 100 years after ST Enterprise and 10 years before the original series. Really fills in the timeline.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyable, well except for one aspect I could have done well without!

Cheers,

RR
Ive been meaning to have a look at this, thanks for the review!

index.aspx

Since I've recently been viewing the entire ST franchise, I wanted to re-watch this movie. It serves to explain how the concept of warp drive came about, as well as that event becoming the first contact with extraterrestrials. It's also a time travel event, has the Borg, and much else of interest. Very cool!

:cool:

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Since I've recently been viewing the entire ST franchise, I wanted to re-watch this movie. It serves to explain how the concept of warp drive came about, as well as that event becoming the first contact with extraterrestrials. It's also a time travel event, has the Borg, and much else of interest. Very cool!

:cool:

Cheers,

RR

One of the best of the movies in my opinion

index.aspx

I needed something different from all the Star Trek adventures, and this filled the bill nicely.

Well done presentation. Great fight scenes and interesting plot. Liz Taylor sure was a cutie back in the day!

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished up season 3 which closes out this series. It sure amped up the special effects this season, however the story lines became a bit blurry for me at times since I found certain aspects hard to follow closely. Still, it gets high marks and a lot of praise for being probably the most interesting of the ST franchise.

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

After finishing up all the other ST series it was time to watch the original series. When this first aired I saw some of the episodes, and while I enjoyed it I didn't become a fanboy until Next Gen. So now I'm catching up on what begat all that followed.

Have to say that the first half of these 29 episodes didn't do much for me, but the second half certainly turned a corner with respect to plot, character development, and special effects.

There was also an additional 2-hr feature of celebrating 40 years of ST that I found especially interesting.

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Very gripping. Second time I've seen this one.

Interestingly, the audio seemed to be English actors effecting a German accent, while the subtitles often were completely different from the spoken word.

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Just finished season 2 of the original ST series. Frankly, most of the episodes were ho-hum with the exception of the much loved "The Trouble With Tribbles" which was most enjoyable and a pleasure to see again. This included the ST DS9 episode "Trials and Tribulations" which was epic in all respects, since it featured many scenes from "The Trouble With Tribbles" and had some very well thought out encounters that included the DS9 characters interacting with the original cast. A triumph in special effects that made it look all too real!

Cheers,

RER

index.aspx

Just finished the 3rd and final season of the original series. While the actice was good, again, most episodes were "meh" and barely held my attention. I do recall seeing some of these when they were first broadcast but never considered myself a trekkie back in the day. Guess it took the subsequent movies before I was well and truly hooked. And then when TNG was released I was all in.

Anyway it was good to look back at what spawned all this.

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Drama featuring Robert Redford as the new warden in a prison. He started off incognito posing as an inmate to see just how bad the conditions were. And when he did reveal himself and tried to institute reforms, the bureaucracy fought against him at every turn preferring hard labor and beatings to rehabilitation. He was forced out at the end and replaced with a redneck type warden.

Frankly this story had potential but was just kind of "meh"!

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Gritty drama of a small southern town involving a murder and Sidney Poitier as a Philadelphia Homicide Detective who got embroiled in the situation.

(y)

Cheers,

RR