What shapes do you dislike the most?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been able to get into horns. Of course most of them are way out of my price range.

Smokey

frogjunk":0exlh3dr said:
Horns and pokers don't do it for me.
Used to agree about horns. Now, my second one is on its way. I still find them very hit or miss though.

Adding to my earlier comment (saying I don't like pokers and cherrywoods), I will also add the kind of cavalier in which the bowl is inserted into the stem, such as:
cava.jpg

However, the other, more organic, kind of cavalier I absolutely love.

Churchwardens. Had one but was too awkward for me. Don't know what happened to it. I think I broke it.

My wife likes me with a Calash. Maybe because it covers up my face.

Vest pocket. But I practically consider them more a novelty than anything else.

"What pipe shapes do I dislike the most?"
Let me see..... Got to be the everyday plain straight billiard unimaginative designed golf club looking pipes you see day in and day out.

to start of, the one I made myself and currently my only one. looks like the bic pen guy if viewed right. then the horns, freehands, ultra bent pipes, and things with claws, faces, hands, crazy mess of branches, you get the idea

There's something about the saddle stem that is really unpleasing to my eye.

(Of course, now when I said this, it means the next pipe I buy will have a saddle stem and I will love it to bits... :lol: )

beetlejazz":m7jhazzc said:
There's something about the saddle stem that is really unpleasing to my eye.

(Of course, now when I said this, it means the next pipe I buy will have a saddle stem and I will love it to bits... :lol: )
Wild and crazy woman. :lol:

8)

I love pipes, and have found some in most styles that I can appreciate. But I tend to not like panel shapes and pokers.

rev

Most free hands, volcanoes, horns, and niche pipes. In most cases I let the pipe speak for itself.

Any over-designed pipe, because the design often interferes with the smoke. Take the zulu. Please. I was once admiring one on the Internet and the seller -- The Seller! no less -- cautioned that the zulu design with the extremely canted bowl often creates a thin spot in the wall to get the air hole situated, which leads to burnout down the road. Same is true of the horn, I'll bet. Yes, I know, someone out there is smoking their great granddaddies zulu. Nevertheless, a pipe is a simple thing. I have no need for excessive novelty.