What was your worst ever smoking pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a unmarked French made pipe, think it's a Butz Choquin 2nd that I never got a good smoke out of. Still trying to find something that smokes well in it cause I kinda like the looks of it and hate to give it up.
Oh! and every Sav I've ever had. Quirky draw is only way I can explain it. Could never taste what I was smoking but, it could be just me.

Noname1.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

Any one of several green-wood basket pipes I bought when I first started smoking. Not all basket pipes are bad; I have several that smoke as well as anything else, but these were "nicotinic," vile, bitter pieces of uncured lumber--and yes, they usually gurgled to boot. Junk.

A Kiko meerschaum. The thing's airway was too small and was high in the chamber. Eventually I decided to try and drill it open. It broke. There were no tears!

KevinM":vd1m60dk said:
The Pipe. Made of some space age material. Smoked hot and wet. You could wash it with the dishes, though. I literally threw it away in disgust.
Graphite!!! I sold a bunch of these while working in a pipe shop during my college years. Awful things!!!! Glad I never bought one:evil: FTRPLT

smokinbriar":tvgczv2x said:
Medico bryon.
Brylon!!! Not picking on you!!! I had one way back when also!! Awful taste from the stem, awful taste from the bowl!!!! Just bloody awful:twisted: FTRPLT

A Digby straight apple. Just unbelievably bad-- hot and flavorless. I still have it, but I'm not sure why.

The three worst smoking pipes I owned were also 3 of the best looking. All three were Peter Matzhold pipes that had incredible grain but all 3 were the wettest smokers I ever encountered. Like an idiot I bought them all before I smoked even one as I was blown away at the looks and didn't think about the smoking properties. This was a long time ago when I was chasing grain and how they smoked took a back seat. I learned a valuable lesson from it and never chased grain again.