What's your favorite beer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on whim, it's either Abita Amber or Heineken.
There's plenty of both in the second fridge.

I like to try new beers if I'm out (which I rarely am).

Hi all,
I'm not a big beer drinker, but my tastes lean towards the darker brews.

What is your favorite mass-distributed beer?
Guiness Draught

What is your favorite beer?
Berghoff Bock, probably not available nationwide. I believe the brewery is in Chicago somewhere. I only found it in one liquor store here in Indianapolis - Indiana called, Kahn's Liquors...

What is your favorite style of beer?
Dark beers, though I happen to like Corona, but death to the bartender who shoves a lime in it...

Hey, Natch!!! Got hooked on the Diamond Bear IPA and Pale Ale during our vacations in Hot Springs! Just finished my last few bottles (might be one left in the back of the beer fridge!). Both damn good brews!! FTRPLT

Sam Adams Octoberfest is my favorite. Too bad it's just a sesonal.

Dark: Murphy's Irish Stout
Lite: Sam Adams Light
Tap: Smithwick's

Doc

I look for four things in beer listed in order of importance:
1. Cost (since getting married & having children my wallet has shrunk)
2. Carb content (since passing my 30's the mid section started growing somehow)
3. Taste (Nicotene hasent killed my taste buds completly)
4. Alchohol content (what more can i say)

So in trying to balance these criteria somehow I have settled on:
(insert drumroll)
Budweiser Select

Hopeing to quit the beer, god I love it so, but couldnt stop at one, but its a struggle, 6 to 8 beers a night, maybe if I substuted coffee, but no luck, the lbs I gained is beer I know that, but trying, but I do love beer , after work there is nothing better, any words of wisdom out there ?

maynard":qhnrq7nn said:
Hopeing to quit the beer, god I love it so, but couldnt stop at one, but its a struggle, 6 to 8 beers a night, maybe if I substuted coffee, but no luck, the lbs I gained is beer I know that, but trying, but I do love beer , after work there is nothing better, any words of wisdom out there ?
Maynard, I wish I could help you but I have never been much of a beer drinker. I am a brown whiskey drinker. I do like an occasional stout or very dark beer.

Maybe you could try some of those non-alcohol beers, I don't know. Muster up enough will power to cut back. Drink 3 instead of 6-8. ????

Maynard,
I started drinking Bud Select for that reason, It's got fewer carbs than "real" beer and carbs are the real enemy. I also started alternating; beer one night Rum the next (Rum has 0 carbs). My fav. Rum is Sailor Jerry's Spiced, I have it on ice with water. Helps me sleep like a baby. My weaknes is eating snacks while drinking, I always want crackers or chips or nuts or something to chew on while sipping a beer or Rum.

maynard":eln1wthu said:
Maynard, you're telling us you know you have a problem, and you're asking for help. Words of wisdom and advice from people who don't know you and don't know the challenges you face daily aren't likely to solve your problem. I'm no expert but I was told excessive drinking is a symptom of another underlying problem in your life. I'd visit a minister, pastor, rabbi, or priest, and have a conversation with him or her. They most likely will see things from a different perspective than yours and offer some help, or advice, or steer you in the right direction,,,,and you may make another friend in the process.

Send me a PM and I will talk to you on the telephone about it.

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":i9h1hdr1 said:
Send me a PM and I will talk to you on the telephone about it.

Winslow :sunny:
Thanks, going on the wagon, dont want to bum out the thread. but I thank you, I can spend the money saved on Booze, which is alot, and spend it on tobacco, Ill whip the booze, Im tired of being sick and tired, you must be a good man, thank you for your input.

Tough one here,

Mass Produced: Guinness all the way

Favorite: Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer (Still kinda mass-produced but has a lovely wood flavour and an enjoyable 6.7% alc content)

Favorite type: The english ales are lovely anytime, cervesa's when its hot and amber ales when its freezing

There are so many that I enjoy but if I had to drink just one for the rest of my life it would be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It's good any time of the year.

Red Hook out of Seattle makes some good beers, I enjoy their Ballard's Bitter and some new stuff called Hammer ale. Since coming to the Bay Area I've been drinking alot of Liberty.

In the summer I really like Weissbier, especially Franziskaner, and Erdinger Kristal (a filtered hefeweizen), thought the latter can't be found on tap in the US, to my knowledge.

label_stone_irs.png

I have a New Old Favorite if that make sense.
I watched Clint Eastwoods movie Gran Torino recently and in it his character drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. So while browsing the beer isle a while back I decided to try it (for the first time), and damn it was pretty good beer, cheap too.