What's your favorite MM Cobs????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhewett

Reaction score
I am going to order some cobs and wanted to know what your favorites were?

Another vote for the Diplomat. It's a very durable design, has a thicker bowl than most, and has the hardwood plug in the bottom; so it's hard to go wrong with that model.

If I'm in the mood for a longer smoke, then my choice is the MM Freehand - which is the best Cob made.  More expensive, but worth every penny and smokes better than many of my more-expensive briars.

I checked that out and I may order it as well. My local B&M is going to order some for me, so I wanted to see what was popular.
I think I may get 2 of the diplomats and try them out.

My favourites are Diplomat straight and Country Gentleman.

But I also love the Legends of which I have 5

Started with a couple of straight Legends and picked up a Country Gentleman recently.  The CG has a deeper, larger bowl.  Love them both.

You can't go wrong with a cob!

I have always wanted the Diplomat and 5th Ave Diplomat offered in a "no plaster - no varnish" version. The "cobfoolery" kits come close. There may a be a good reason they don't do this already.

Because I smoke a bit stronger stuff than most, I like the Washington. The basic design and smaller bowl capacity is nice. No hardwood plug "insurance" at the bottom, but mine have lasted well-smoked and intact for a couple of years. I don't see any degradation in sight for 'em, either. A couple legends, handful of diplomats (5th ave/standard) and one Natural Freehand round out the bunch. I always get straight stems, or swap out bent stems for straight ones. That crook in the bit puts 'em at an odd angle when I clench, and I get lapfuls of ash. I could get the overbite fixed, but it's cheaper to get the right pipe. :mrgreen:

Kyle Weiss":pym1axr0 said:
Because I smoke a bit stronger stuff than most, I like the Washington.   The basic design and smaller bowl capacity is nice.   No hardwood plug "insurance" at the bottom, but mine have lasted well-smoked and intact for a couple of years.   I don't see any degradation in sight for 'em, either.   A couple legends, handful of diplomats (5th ave/standard) and one Natural Freehand round out the bunch.    I always get straight stems, or swap out bent stems for straight ones.   That crook in the bit puts 'em at an odd angle when I clench, and I get lapfuls of ash.   I could get the overbite fixed, but it's cheaper to get the right pipe.   :mrgreen:
My dog, Pierre, he has the same overbite problem...he never clenches ...has no teeth.
But he can hold a pipe with his paw and use the tamper with the other paw. 
He's a dashing fellow.
Quite a sight to see!

I think the wee Morgans are my alltime favourite, but you can't go wrong with any of 'em IMO.

My favorites are all bent and natural.  Spool, Diplomats, and the Natural Freehand.

Nothing like a Natural Freehand with the Storm Front.  Not pluggin' Patton's stuff, (maybe I am) but that's all that goes in my Natural.   Filling it with anything else I prefer would have me green in the gills.  :alien:

Thanks for all the input guys! I have a few on the way! can't wait to check them out!

Kyle Weiss":bjgi5y0z said:
Nothing like a Natural Freehand with the Storm Front.  Not pluggin' Patton's stuff, (maybe I am) but that's all that goes in my Natural.   Filling it with anything else I prefer would have me green in the gills.  :alien:
Roger that!

:) 

Cheers,

RR

I like specific tobaccos in specific model cobs.

For English blends, I really like the General's larger bowl capacity.

For flakes, I like the Great Dane and the Diplomat.

For Dunhill Royal Yacht, I have dedicated 2 Country Gentlemen, which allow me to always have a dry pipe to smoke this awesome blend.