What's your hobby?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect and shoot hand guns, collect knives, if it's well made and has a blade I want it. When the weather is cold and miserable outside I like to reload ammunition. But my favorite all time most enjoyable pass time is giving Walt grief for being an old grumpy geezer.  :lol: 

AJ

I engage in that almost obsolete pastime of reading BOOKS  :twisted:  And I still go down to a building they call a LIBRARY to borrow them and take 'em home to read !! It's a hobby you can engage in while smoking one's pipe   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

monbla256":2nelge4j said:
I engage in that almost obsolete pastime of reading BOOKS  :twisted:  And I still go down to a building they call a LIBRARY to borrow them and take 'em home to read !! It's a hobby you can engage in while smoking one's pipe   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Yes, I have heard of these wonderous and archaic things....books. They are believed to predate even VHS and Beta. :lol!: 

MisterE":gbjlf9m5 said:
Yes, I have heard of these wonderous and archaic things....books. They are believed to predate even VHS and Beta. :lol!: 
They don't predate my buddy Walt. He predates writing.  :lol!:

MisterE":59a2wfea said:
monbla256":59a2wfea said:
I saw a video about those books once.

I have a "Hobby Job" roasting coffee commercially. I also like to play music (rock n roll, bluegrass, punk, ska, jazz, and Croatian/Serbian folk music "tamburica"), lift weights, play basketball, collect fountain pens, reading.

Most of those have their busy times and slow times, especially since my family is priority.

Really, my hobbies depend on my mood. I collect vinyl records, watch movies, and read extensively(physical books and ebooks both). I often end up with gadgets and gizmos due to my job, and so I build computers and play with operating systems. Before I landed into the IT world real hard and heavy, I played music at quite a high level, and still play classical clarinet, some jazz electric bass, and when I can jam out on a trap set.

Aside from that, I smoke and collect my pipes and dabble in home distilling; I intend on making this a real, legitimate business for myself in the next 10 years.

I read... a lot. E reader or books, usually get a book for the E reader and if I liked it then I get the book in hard copy. (Space is a premium in a one bedroom appartment with two adults and a toddler.) When I'm not reading or smoking I'm thinking/drawing up plans for some cockamimi insundry thing or another... models, gameroom, mancave or whatnotts. I guess it could be a hobby but it sounds weird saying I'm a thinker, but thinking, smoking and drinking are usually good friends that get along so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I like models, music, pipes, landscaping... mostly stuff I can't do in an upstairs apartment, hence the hobby of thinking. When I finally buy a house the hard part will be what plan to do first.

Oooooh, I also forgot - aside from my little bit of alcohol creating, I also have taken bartending classes and fancy myself as a bit of a mixologist. I like coming up with new things from ingredients that are just laying around and whatnot, and I've picked up calligraphy for when I have time.

I guess the more I think about it, the more I realize my hobbies are more wide ranging than I imagined.... :p

I've had so many over the years. Right now it's loving my family, re-building my woodshop, learning new woodworking techniques/remembering my skills from the 80's, computer gaming, music (classic hard rock and heavy metal), learning all I can about the wonderful world of pipes and tobacco, social networking, coaching my son who's about to turn pro in Esports, cutting trees/milling wood, swimming, gardening, learning how to be retired, planning my move back to Hawaii, movies and GOOD TV. So many have fallen of the list, just getting too old.  :cry: 

Someone shoot me please  :lol!: 

Craig

radian10.jpg

mini_u10.jpg

se5a10.jpg

gravel":yj6j458o said:
MisterE":yj6j458o said:
monbla256":yj6j458o said:
I saw a video about those books once.
I remember that one...I think I have it on DVD somewhere...

:lol!: :lol!: 

MisterE":km1lfgk5 said:
monbla256":km1lfgk5 said:
I think I read an article about those things on my Nook.   8)

One of my bigger hobbies is Archaeology, I volunteer with local the archaeological societies processing finds during the winter and I take part in digs during the summer. Other hobbies include robotics and gardening, I hope to get a small tobacco crop going this year for some research on mesoamerican ritualistic usage of tobacco.

When I was younger, and didn't have a lot of time, I indulged in hunting birds, fishing, scuba diving, making wine, and traveling.

Now that I'm older, I camp, boss my wife in the kitchen (which goes over well), and I'm thinking about baking bread and homebrewing.

Knives, swords, all sorts of blades. Have pretty large collection of them.

Sharpening a blade is almost like pipe smoking. Takes hours of contemplation.