When did House of Windsor stop producing their blends?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

Reaction score
Recently I picked up a couple HOW pipe tobaccos & was curious as to when they stopped producing their blends.
Anyone know?
Thanks!

I don't remember exactly; it was more than, say, five years ago. A sad-assed day, for me at least. I had an hour-long telephone conversation with the guy in charge of marketing or something. Wish I could remember his name or find out where he is now. Typical sales type, but very knowledgeable. He claimed, at least at the time, that Revelation was still mixed by the same woman with the same tobaccos. Their tobaccos were great, in my opinion, a veritable burley orgy. (Hey--I like domestic toppings; cut me some slack.)

They were still being made in 2006. That's the last time I saw them for sale.

Richard Burley":y31p8ex2 said:
I don't remember exactly; it was more than, say, five years ago. A sad-assed day, for me at least. I had an hour-long telephone conversation with the guy in charge of marketing or something. Wish I could remember his name or find out where he is now. Typical sales type, but very knowledgeable. He claimed, at least at the time, that Revelation was still mixed by the same woman with the same tobaccos. Their tobaccos were great, in my opinion, a veritable burley orgy. (Hey--I like domestic toppings; cut me some slack.)
HOW blends were great. I've tried some Revelation clones and some are good but none as good as the real deal. I'm down to less than 1/2 an ounce of the real Revelation. Bummer.