When did RADICE........?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Anyone remember when Radice stopped T/B stems and Oil curing? :scratch:
Can't find a thing on the ole inter web and in Pipedia I think someone has deleted
and updated the Radice info. :suspect:

Cartaphilus":6ky7da8e said:
Anyone remember when Radice stopped T/B stems and Oil curing? :scratch:
Can't find a thing on the ole inter web and in Pipedia I think someone has deleted
and updated the Radice info. :suspect:
I don't have the date, but recall that these changes occurred coincidently with R.D. Field discontinuing representation of Radice in the US. Luca Di Piazza now represents the brand internationally, I believe.

It's probably been close to ten years now.

Thank you sir but, I have several T/B Oil Cured Radice pipes dated 2007
so you would think it would be less then ten years. Could it have been seven?
Really interested in finding out the year.

MisterE":0amc1a7x said:
Have you thought about writing the company? They probably would know.
Yes I have "E" but, thought instead of bothering them with a frivolous question
I'd see if anyone knew here first. ;)

I could be wrong, but wasn't Marty Pulvers associated with R.D. Field? Or was it W.C. Fields? In any event, he might know--and you wouldn't have to learn Italiano first.

Richard Burley":ovq205gk said:
I could be wrong, but wasn't Marty Pulvers associated with R.D. Field? Or was it W.C. Fields? In any event, he might know--and you wouldn't have to learn Italiano first.

Richard Burley":uqed7db6 said:
I'd ask Luca, he is friendly and fluent in English. But getting an exact answer might be difficult. They probably had piles of these pipes around long after they separated from Field.
I believe but am not positive they were partners and many of their European buying trips are chronicled in NASPC's The Pipe Collector. :shock:

daveinlax":fkc5qh4f said:
Richard Burley":fkc5qh4f said:
I'd ask Luca, he is friendly and fluent in English. But getting an exact answer might be difficult. They probably had piles of these pipes around long after they separated from Field.  
I believe but am not positive they were partners and many of their European buying trips are chronicled in NASPC's The Pipe Collector. :shock:  
Thank you sir, I'll look through my volumes but, being I let my membership laps I may not have the one I need. :fpalm:

Cartaphilus":65pnqup0 said:
I just chatted with Marty about this, and he doesn't remember the year either, but thinks it could have been 5-7 years ago. Time has a way of getting away from us sometimes, especially as more of it passes...

So, after a "duh" moment, I poked through my archives. According to an old email from December 2008, David stopped representing Radice 1st January, 2009, and Luca was likely to take over at that point.

-glp

glpease":tpehu6xi said:
Cartaphilus":tpehu6xi said:
I just chatted with Marty about this, and he doesn't remember the year either, but thinks it could have been 5-7 years ago. Time has a way of getting away from us sometimes, especially as more of it passes...

So, after a "duh" moment, I poked through my archives. According to an old email from December 2008, David stopped representing Radice 1st January, 2009, and Luca was likely to take over at that point.

-glp
Thank you sir, I'll write that down before I forget it. :fpalm:

Cartaphilus":wpwkpnt6 said:
glpease":wpwkpnt6 said:
Cartaphilus":wpwkpnt6 said:

-glp
My pleasure. And, indeed, dropping the oil-cured range was coincident with the change in distribution, so there were probably no new ones after 2009, though a few existing ones may have remained in inventories for a while.

glpease":rl7wbptr said:
Cartaphilus":rl7wbptr said:
glpease":rl7wbptr said:
Cartaphilus":rl7wbptr said:

-glp
My pleasure. And, indeed, dropping the oil-cured range was coincident with the change in distribution, so there were probably no new ones after 2009, though a few existing ones may have remained in inventories for a while.

With that said, I would imagine they'd be dated 2008, 09 or before though too. ;)