Where to find good estate pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife made it very clear that PAD cant take over. She put her foot down on 8 pipes. Lol. That will change over time :) thanks for all the good advice, Gentlemen. I shall definitely use it.

JP

Take your time. Be picky. A good collection doesn't happen overnight. eBay is like a 24/7 pipe show and it's hard to say no but if you stay picky, pass on the pipes you want but are not must have you'll have the money when the perfect pipe shows up and it will.  :shock: 

d4klutz":4n5n2ki8 said:
My wife made it very clear that PAD cant take over.   She put her foot down on 8 pipes.  Lol.  That will change over time :) thanks for all the good advice, Gentlemen.  I shall definitely use it.

JP
JUST EIGHT? That's barely a day's worth of smokes!! Let's see, 8 bowls a day x 7 days a week =56 x 4 weeks a month = 224 needed to allow for a correct rotation! That's all  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":jwqq1co2 said:
d4klutz":jwqq1co2 said:
My wife made it very clear that PAD cant take over.   She put her foot down on 8 pipes.  Lol.  That will change over time :) thanks for all the good advice, Gentlemen.  I shall definitely use it.

JP
JUST EIGHT? That's barely a day's worth of smokes!! Let's see, 8 bowls a day x 7 days a week =56 x 4 weeks a month = 224 needed to allow for a correct rotation! That's all   :twisted: :twisted: 
Although I only have 3 bowls a day I only smoke out of 3 pipes per day for 2 days but, I have 14 in my rotation. Don't even try to do the math because it won't come out right. I smoke one once a day for two days and two once a day for a month and the rest (3 cobs 1 briar) are for trying new tobaccos or Pembroke and 3 friars. So at the end of the month I usually have 10 to do a through clean on. And that's enough for me. Of course from time to time I change one or more of my rotation pipes with others in my collection but, that doesn't effect the count to clean at the end of the month unless I do it in the middle of the month. In that case I could have 12 to clean but no more. Make sense?  :scratch:
BTW, I just purchased another Don Carlos 2 note but, it won't go into rotation for sometime yet....... or not. Haven't decided yet.

Cartaphilus":3vqznf9a said:
monbla256":3vqznf9a said:
d4klutz":3vqznf9a said:

JP
JUST EIGHT? That's barely a day's worth of smokes!! Let's see, 8 bowls a day x 7 days a week =56 x 4 weeks a month = 224 needed to allow for a correct rotation! That's all   :twisted: :twisted: 
Although I only have 3 bowls a day I only smoke out of 3 pipes per day for 2 days but, I have 14 in my rotation. Don't even try to do the math because it won't come out right. I smoke one once a day for two days and two once a day for a month and the rest (3 cobs 1 briar) are for trying new tobaccos or Pembroke and 3 friars. So at the end of the month I usually have 10 to do a through clean on. And that's enough for me. Of course from time to time I change one or more of my rotation pipes with others in my collection but, that doesn't effect the count to clean at the end of the month unless I do it in the middle of the month. In that case I could have 12 to clean but no more. Make sense?  :scratch:
BTW, I just purchased another Don Carlos 2 note but, it won't go into rotation for sometime yet....... or not. Haven't decided yet.
My bro', why do you buy a pipe if you're not sure whether you're going to smoke it soon? I usually can't wait to try a new pipe.

Because I not only enjoy a good smoke but, I enjoy the artistry of them.
Sorta like having a Rembrandt hanging on my wall, I can stare at it for hours enjoying it's beauty without the cost of a Rembrandt.

monbla256":o9ya4q90 said:
Well, i only have 1 or 2 bowls a day (unless its the weekend). So, that can cover the necessary rotation for me for now. PAD and TAD can quickly eat up alot of $$ that is more needed for a growing teenager's clothes and boots. He is 14, 6' tall and wears a size 14 boot. *sigh* There goes my budget for tobaccy next month.  :lol!: 

Cartaphilus":jflkki8m said:
Sorta like having a Rembrandt hanging on my wall, I can stare at it for hours enjoying it's beauty without the cost of a Rembrandt.
I take my hat of for you, my bro'  :cheers:  I've tried it but to no avail  :oops:  Whenever I receive a new pipe, I can't resist the urge to smoke it.

SpeedyPete":cq1lmcp9 said:
Cartaphilus":cq1lmcp9 said:
I take my hat of for you, my bro'  :cheers:   I've tried it but to no avail  :oops:  Whenever I receive a new pipe, I can't resist the urge to smoke it.
Ah, that's understandable, your just not anal enough yet.  ;) 

If you decide to venture on to ebay, I highly recommend Sreve Fallon( pipestud). He is located in Texas and has a consignment shop on ebay. His pipes are as is and thedescriptions he gives are100% accurate. Additionaly, he is a true gentleman to deal with. I have several pipes from him in my rotation and all have been excellent, needing no more than a light cleaning before use, and that is rare.

shootist51":m5hf2aos said:
If you decide to venture on to ebay, I highly recommend Sreve Fallon( pipestud). He is located in Texas and has  a consignment shop on ebay.
Like he says ^^^^^^^^

Steve is the best.