Where's the People that Only have 7 or Less pipes to Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Evidently I'm using the wrong phrase or the way to go about hunting down these souls that only have a meager few pipes to smoke. This thread is my final search for such people. Is there anyone that only has a few pipes 7 or less to smoke?

I don't know Ron. I'm way over seven. Most guys seem to be. Some of the newer Brothers have only a couple pipes though that seems more a consequence of circumstances than choice. For example a brand new piper that just hasn't really got any collection yet or a longtime piper that stuck with one blend or two and didn't see any need for many pipes. Both might amass a collection after some time here. :scratch:

There was some kind of Zen minimalist thread here somewhere recently.

juanmedusa":d6ovj7m3 said:
I don't know Ron. I'm way over seven. Most guys seem to be. Some of the newer Brothers have only a couple pipes though that seems more a consequence of circumstances than choice. For example a brand new piper that just hasn't really got any collection yet or a longtime piper that stuck with one blend or two and didn't see any need for many pipes. Both might amass a collection after some time here. :scratch:

There was some kind of Zen minimalist thread here somewhere recently.
Well That's the gents I want to hear from. ;)

I only have 5 pipes that I routinely smoke. I have about 400 in stages of preparation for selling. Why smoke a pipe i will sell- I might like it then I wouldn't sell it and then I would be out the money i would get for selling it. Al

alsmith52":rncpqmr6 said:
I only have 5 pipes that I routinely smoke. I have about 400 in stages of preparation for selling. Why smoke a pipe i will sell- I might like it then I wouldn't sell it and then I would be  out the money i would get for selling it. Al
Are you asmith9748 that sells pipes on eBay?

3 years ago I cut down from 50+ to a solid 7, but I've acquired 11 more since. Apparently, people like to gift missionaries pipes, or at least this missionary. Of those 11, I've purchased 1.

Needless to say, I'm blessed.

I currently have 4 Cavicchi's, 2 Savinelli's and a single Tinsky......but I am looking at a Jacono today. Apparently I like the Italian style.

Ever hear anything good or bad about the Jacono?

bolson":be8m43gb said:
I currently have 4 Cavicchi's, 2 Savinelli's and a single Tinsky......but I am looking at a Jacono today.  Apparently I like the Italian style.

Although I've never owned one I've never heard anything bad about them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help sir. I like Italian makers my self, anything from the school of Pesaro I really seem to like. ;)

I have bought and sold 7K-8K pipes on the net but never even got close to a jacono. GOOD LUCK

bolson":vr0ba0kx said:
I currently have 4 Cavicchi's, 2 Savinelli's and a single Tinsky......but I am looking at a Jacono today.  Apparently I like the Italian style.

I have a Jacono Dublin Knight. Excellent pipe, well engineered..

Ron,

I have fewer than 7. three briars, and 2 cobs that i smoke regularly. and that is all she wrote.

NAJ_ile":othvosxo said:
Ron,

I have fewer than 7.  three briars, and 2 cobs that i smoke regularly.  and that is all she wrote.
Don't you want a few more pipes? Or your just content with that many?

I would love to have a few more, I am a relatively new pipe smoker, newly venturing out of aros for the first time. I have a few on my to buy list, as the budget allows. I have my eye on a couple different Savs right now.

Well, I know a guy who only has one pipe, I believe--I've mentioned him elsewhere. I don't think he wants any more. Seriously. Does that count? The guy is OK, but a cheap bastard, among other things. Strangely, it was his seeing me with a bent Peterson that launched his successful switch from cigarettes to pipe only. He was quite taken with my pipe, but I am unable to tell him anything about smoking them, nor does he appreciate tobacco suggestions or gifts. Screw him, I say--he knows it all, so I keep my mouth shut.

Ron, I have a friend who I gifted 4 of my Moretti pipes. Those are the only briars he has. He went and bought 4 cobs already, so I suppose he has exceeded your 7 pipe limit already.

Now his focus is on getting a good start on his cellar, but I am almost certain as soon as he gets a good selection of tobacco, he will start to acquire more pipes, just based on some of the comments he makes.

I've encouraged him to register and become a member here, but he hasn't gotten a round tuit yet.

I don't think it's an issue of being able to afford more than 7 for most folks who join a forum like this. It's an issue of focus. If you can afford a computer and internet access you can probably afford more than 7 pipes. For years I just had other things which occupied my time. And so even though I could have afforded more pipes my focus was elsewhere, and hence my funds went to those things. I accumulated more than seven over time, but I didn't accumulate anything like some of the numbers here. Now I have more time and interest to devote to pipes and tobacco in general. And a few other things. So I found like minded folks, and viola! :)

Well, so far both my attempts to find the right person has been fruitless. As you may or may not have figured out yet, I have a couple of pipes that need new homes and I was wanting to give them to people in need of them. I found one such person so far and I'm unsure if they will want either of them because of there being shall we say, off brands. So This is what I'll do as I've done before, just post'em and see what bites. You may have seen these before and in less presentable conditions. They have been cleaned, reamed, polished and are ready to smoke (by my standards). ;)

This pipe is FREE for the asking, and are not represented as anything other then being used pipes that have been cleaned up enough to smoke once again. I didn't feel the need to take too much time restoring them or the cost of replacing the stems being there not Dunhill's, they are what they are.  They may or may not smoke well I have no way of telling unless I smoke them myself and I haven't done that. But, it's FREE so how can you go wrong. One pipe per person.
ALL PIPES ARE GONE

Well, that's very nice Ron, I hope you find a good home for them. :) They are lovely pipes, why would it matter who made them?