Which blend has the most kentucky?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm_Crow

Reaction score
I was smoking Old Dark Fired the other day and I always start out nice with that one, really enjoying the flavor...but man is it strong. Anyone know what percentage of the blend is Kentucky?

It also got me thinking...what blend has the most dark fired Kentucky burley in it?

Kendal Kentucky is 100% dark-fired African Kentucky. It's a favorite of mine but is much stronger than ODF. Irish Flake is similar but IMO superior to ODF (and also a bit stronger), with equal parts Kentucky, Burley, and Virginia.

I agree with Kendall Kentucky. Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong isn't 100% Kentucky, but it is delicious.

I always saw Kentucky as a condiment tobacco in an even greater sense than something like perique. Even 10% Kentucky in a blend is extremely noticeable.

100%..I mean...

images

Kendal Kentucky is fantastic, treat yourself to some, go on, it'll put hairs on your hairs.  :lol!: 

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/76940/gawith-hoggarth-co-kendal-kentucky/

(no affiliation)

If you're looking for an interesting smoke try some Kendal Dark Shag, amazing backy that one and the scented version is even more interesting, if you're looking for a real treat in Dark Fired give Happy Bogie a run, now there's a good backy.