Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveS

Reaction score
Just wondering, probably because I'm the best cook at our house, how many here are good cooks ?

I don't know if I'm a good cook, but I am a great eater!! :lol!: 

I do make the best (and I mean the best) scrambled eggs - seriously. Good with grilling steaks too.

I've been known to make a mean Tuna Fish and Jelly sandwich.

I am a good cook. I do a lot of things, but probably am most comfortable doing Indian and Thai curries

rev

While I am Asian-American, I actually much prefer European food. Most things I make are good and I'm the "chef" of the house (as opposed to cook).

My creme brulee, and assorted other things have ruined people (including myself). We had French onion soup & creme brulee maybe 4-5 times when we were in France this past Sept, but never was it as good as mine. :twisted:

I can't make wine though. That is another story...

Pasta, steaks, burgers, soups, ribs, waffles. :D 

waffle10.jpg
[/url][/img]

soup10.jpg
[/url][/img]

I am the chef at my house, and Cooking is one of my favorite past times. I think I am a good cook, but I know a few people that I have learned a lot from who are ridiculously awesome.

I started cooking around age 15. Up until I moved out of my parents house I made dinner for my family 3-4 nights out of the week. From Sauerkraut to Souffle, I can make it.

When it comes right down to it, I love cooking Mexican, Cuban and South American cuisine. I have perfected a Pazole recipe and red enchilada sauce that would make you think I was a Mexican Grandmother. :lol:

I don't enjoy baking. 

I consider myelf to be a pretty good cook cause lets face it what other food group is really needed that can't be cooked with a rib steak on the BBQ.:lol!: :lol!: 

I do enjoy making a good beef & barley or clam chowder soup.

I love to cook and enjoy making many kinds of dishes from a wide variety of cuisines.

My son's an executive chef and my daughter owns her own cakes & cookies business, so I must have done something right :D

I'm the cook at our house. I make some awesome personal pizzas (dough from scratch), and what I think is the best steak you can get. ...but I'm pretty partial to my own steaks. I like 'em Pittsburgh style with plenty of spice on the outside.

I don't have any original recipes or anything like that, and wouldn't win in any kind of competitions. I just end up making the majority of our food in the house.

Oh, I make some decent fajitas too.

...now I'm hungry...

Growley":ka0narn7 said:
I don't have any original recipes or anything like that, and wouldn't win in any kind of competitions. I just end up making the majority of our food in the house.

Oh, I make some decent fajitas too.

...now I'm hungry...
My momma told me, when I first took an interest in cooking, that to be a good cook, one first has to have a passion for food and truly enjoy making good food.

BTW, I love fajitas ;) 

That Weber is awesome!

I have a Brinkmann electric smoker and I'm pleased with it's performance.  It's not as large as some (like your Weber) but it's easy to use.  The Brinkmann is not for the "BBQ masters" among us, but I find it a good solution and easy to use.

After Thanksgiving my friends bring me their turkey carcuses and dripping, frozen. They know that this means I'll probably make a stock out of them and give them a cut of the gumbo or soup or gravy that comes out of it.

My wife probably married me because of my roux based dishes.

I make the best spaghetti in the world despite being a coon ass and not an Italian.

Hillbilly cast iron cooking for me. I love it and like to treat my family with wonderful meals (their meaning, not mine).

I've been working in restaurants since I was 16, and have been in the kitchen with my mom from day 1. I won a competition in 4th grade with my corn bread recipenand my mom switched to mine. (Better than mom's being the best compliment one can give, I am still flattered to this day) Since New year's, wifey and I have been cooking up a storm. I can do real fancy, or nice and simple. The passion for food is deeply instilled in me.

Cartaphilus":jyt3jfwt said:
 :suspect: mean is certainly one word for it

My wife is the super cook, but we are both comfortable in the kitchen.

I do all of the cooking in our house. My wife does the cleaning. A great arrangement!

gravel":z3d1q99q said:
Cartaphilus":z3d1q99q said:
 :suspect: mean is certainly one word for it

My wife is the super cook, but we are both comfortable in the kitchen.
Hey! Don't knock it till you've tried it. Of course not just anyone can make it, ya gotta know which side gets Grape Jelly and which gets Mayonnaise.
These use to be my favorite sandwich years ago and I'd chase them down with a strawberry Milk. Yummy! :mrgreen: