Who Among Us Are Good Cooks ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I am a good cook but I do most of the cooking (90%) in the house. Granted it is just my wife and I. I have graduated from making dinner that consist of all the ingredients mixed in a bowl to having three separate dishes at dinner. tonight I am making stuffed potatoes, boiling chicken breast shredding them and making BBQ chicken which will be placed on top of the potatoes, and I will be baking broccoli and butternut squash in a olive and garlic and of course brown rice.
Now if I can just time it so the dishes are done at the same time.

I am Hellenic-American.
ALL Greek men think they can cook.
My wife agrees and endorses this myth.

I usually do the cooking in my house. I make a very good, spicy brisket (smoked) i grill a lot But make awesome pancakes, and omlets as well.

I do all the cooking in our house. I'm great in the kitchen, and dynamite with seafood.

But unless its fish, I can't grill to save my life.  :no: 

Without tooting my own horn, I am quite good in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking for others. I enjoy watching things come together. I enjoy experimenting. Most of all, I enjoy the compliments from those eating. Cooking for me is 60% feeding my body and 40% feeding my ego. ;)

I've had the good fortune to work under a world class chef where I watched a large man, handle two 12" chef knives in one hand chopping produce. From there to many many restaurants only to find that I am too damn slow.  Oh well.
I think I am a pretty good cook, not a chef try as I may.  At this point I'm just grateful to put something together and have it all work perfectly.
Love to eat and even more so, prepare it.

I cook almost every Friday for a small group of fellow hunters/fishermen who enjoy my wild game dishes like: venison spaghetti, pot roast, meatloaf, hamburger steak, stew, shepherd's pie, shrimp/sausage jambalaya, redfish court bullion (coubion), duck gumbo, fried shrimp, fish( cat, red, trout, sheephead, or anything we catch), soft-shell crab, alligator sauce pecante, and speckled trout almondine. Next Friday I'm fixing fried quail, w. onion rings, french fries, and coleslaw, one of my favorite. A couple of time per year we have boiled crabs, shrimp, and/or crawfish.
It must be pretty good, they keep coming back.

DWT.......what's that address?

Sounds delicious, far better than my meager fare.

My father was a Chef and my family owned a restaraunt back in the early '60s that I worked in. My father taught me to cook and i cooked most of my three family's food back when i was married. Living the singular life as I do now, I do ALL my own cooking now !! I'm still alive . as are my past family's, and no signs anyone disliked what i cooked so I guess I'd say I'm do-able :twisted: :twisted: