Who is going to upgrade to Windows 10?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the plunge today.

I had to tinker a bit to get it ironed out. It killed the track pad/mouse on the laptop. I had to enable 'Mouse Keys' then get into the system and roll back the Elan driver to a PS/2 driver then go find the ELan driver online.. Etc etc.

After that SNAFU everything's been fine.

I got the upgrade as soon as it was available, sure there will be some hiccups along the way but Windows 10 will have the latest security features which I am keen to make use of, so far I have no complaints about Windows 10 other than the new video player is buggy as heck but I love the whole new look of Win10.

I like how some topics, products and tobaccos evenly divide the field between love and hatred.

We have a desktop and a laptop...Desktop is still happily chugging along on Windows 7.

The laptop had Windows 8 which has been the bane of my existence, so it got upgraded a few weeks ago. Windows 10 isn't nearly as glitchy as I'd imagined and the presentation is fantastic...I'm a fan. I'll update the desktop soon enough, too.

Might be something obvious, but on my win X install when I open a drive, none of the folders have a border, just a thin line. Win 7 there is a nice thick border so you can see something to grab if you want to move the folder. There are the high contrast themes but I don't care for them. That's about the only thing I don't like about win X. Still quite happy with my Win 7 Pro install though..If anyone wants to educate this old dinosaur? (G)

I have one machine upgraded to it, and I have to say: this is an improvement over both 8.1 and parts of 7.

Since Linux distros have mostly decided to go the way of the bloat, and since Open Source lost momentum and starting promoting some really junk software, Windows has regained some viability.

10 is interesting in that they are slowly refining the interface. The control panel has become more intuitive, with a few puzzling choices, and the disaster of the 8.1 chiclet screen is gone.

The OS seems responsive, perhaps more so than previous versions, both in GUI and underlying components. I'm enjoying this one, as opposed to some of the previous iterations I had to hack through...