Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My Lords,
Anyone knows who manufactures Russ's blends? Would it be Lane or Sutliff? Or another manufacturer?

Russ's H&H WhitKnight and BlackHouse are in my top 12 favorite blends. 
Im sure Russ would have the correct answer, I only know of two rumors and I don't like too also spread rumors.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lord Guyrox":gdt97urd said:
My Lords,
Anyone knows who manufactures Russ's blends? Would it be Lane or Sutliff? Or another manufacturer?
I think Sutliff did and Lane ltd does now. CI/P&C/Lane Ltd are a part of STG/Orlik. :shock:

My recent tins from the last 6 months states Lane LTD.  I just looked. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Well, in that case, my tins of Fusilier's Ration must be older than 6 months.

Excuse me, Your Lordship... How did it come to pass that you are now named "guest"?

Ozark Wizard":smd6fpjj said:
Excuse me, Your Lordship... How did it come to pass that you are now named "guest"?
Good luck finding that out. I was wondering too. Unless there's been a mistake, he is now a "non-person" and exists only in the Twilight Zone. Felonious commentary, and all that. They come and they go, and the sun also rises.

Must be another glitch in the software, or maybe by tomorrow we will ALL be guests...lol

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

This thread shows me how little I know. I thought that my beloved Black House was blended by Russ at Pipes and Cigars.
Didn't know that they dont have a blending operation.

Lysander":rzgduekb said:
This thread shows me how little I know. I thought that my beloved Black House was blended by Russ at Pipes and Cigars.
Didn't know that they dont have a blending operation.
Russ has always develops the blends but I don't think even when P&C was NY pipe shop before the sale they always outsourced production. I think it done by was Sutliff for years. :shock:

Yup, it was Sutliff for years as some of my older tins state. I have a few with NO manufacturer other than sold by P&C on the label and a few with Lane LTD also. But I must say the blends have stayed consistent. Both WhiteKnight and BlackHouse are in my top 12 favorite blends. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I haven't bought any tinned HH in a while. Are the actual tins the same as when Sutliff processed them only with a different manufacturer's label? Or are the tins themselves different?

There are a few HH blends that I enjoy, but I always thought the tins (Sutliff) were unfortunate - 1.5oz of tobacco in a tin larger than the 2oz tins used by C&D.

The only H&H tobacco's I've purchased is WhiteKnight and BlackHouse. Those are the normal thin tins. Similar Dunhill Nightcap size. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Here's the straight dope:
All H&H was originally blended by me, but tinned by C&D. When the volume got to be too large, we had to farm out manufacturing. C&D couldn't source a lot of the tobaccos I used, but Sutliff was willing to, so we moved manufacturing to them. Lane now makes some because they were also willing to use the tobaccos that I do, and since we're now "family", we were asked to move some of the manufacturing to them. Sutliff still makes a number of the blends, including the ones that are pressed, because Lane doesn't have the equipment. Some of the RO Series blends are made by Daughters & Ryan, because Mark has unique tobaccos not available elsewhere. It may seem complicated, but this is the best way to make sure that the integrity of the blends is properly maintained.

Russ

Always great to get the skinny from the source. Thanks for weighing in on this Russ. And here is the salient point-

It may seem complicated, but this is the best way to make sure that the integrity of the blends is properly maintained.

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":qwc9h0n4 said:
Always great to get the skinny from the source. Thanks for weighing in on this Russ. And here is the salient point-

It may seem complicated, but this is the best way to make sure that the integrity of the blends is properly maintained.

8)

Cheers,

RR
Yuppers, I dig that. Very cool!