WhooHoo!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind I'm just mentioning brands I'm familiar with. Others might suit you better. So...

While you're at Amazon check out a Jinhao x450 pen. Great Chinese pens for the cost of a pint.

I checked out the pen. Impressive for the price. In fact some vendors are selling it for close to the price of half a pint (depending on the drinking establishment / rub a dub)!

Stick":bhgnmuc3 said:
Thanks BH, I'm off to Amazon...
Aurora Blue!

They only make two colors and there's a reason for that.

All of Oster's blues are superb.

aurora_blue_1200__03809.1429023313.1280.1280.jpg

rWC71zrNU3nej-e29C1dGZUoPrMUg8wKqQlFCkE0EJUgPZEuuhoifwB-iFfgSz389Mx-ZUXMde0uLhTnnF9IkY81SWid1PXiAskYQtLqwU471V2x9BRKDRrSZg1wxA=s0-d-e1-ft

Well, if it's not a Uni-ball then it's one of my favorites...The Jinhao X450!! It's well balanced in your hands, well crafted for the price and writes effortlessly. I actually had more communication with The Jinhao X450 than I ever had with my ex-wife.... :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

This is from the late 60s with my go-to everyday ink, Maruzen Athena sepia. HTF and not cheap, but worth it given it's function in my routine.

It's hard to tell from this photo but it's a darkish sepia that shades to dark brown and eventually a brownish black. If you expand the next photo you get a glimpse of its uniqueness. This ink on tomoe river cream is a stunner!

14516515_10207776736639578_4240838248477139919_n.jpg

fpn_sailor_maruzen_athena_sepia_swatch.jpg

Blackhorse":9wa9s7lr said:
Will it also wash as nicely if used on watercolor type paper, which is more absorbent (but then what isn't) than the Tomoe cream.
I guess it would depend on the paper. I would be lying if I stated results with any certainty given the types of paper I used.

THAT SAID, I would opt for smaller nib sizes. I know, Captain Obvious, right?