Why don’t they get more respect?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
When I went looking for a birth year Dunhill I found 1950 was a difficult year to obtain, they were either already gone or out of the range of my wallet. I persevered and kept looking then this 1948 Dead Root appeared and I was a Pot shape something akin to the Rodney Dangerfield of the pipe world not getting much respect. I had a few Pot shapes in my collection and I really liked them so I inquired to the pipe to see if it were still available and what else I could learn.

The earliest grading system Dunhill used is a bit cryptic since mine is considered a high grade and it’s official designation is DRR C-EE, don’t ask me to decipher it because I can’t, all I know is it smokes as good as it looks. Keeping it smokey with more Comoy Cask 7 Single Roll Slice.
banjo

42624547610_3742ccb7b6_z_d.jpg

When I was trading heavy in the 80s, nobody wanted pots. Nobody. Well, somebody did at one time. They were all over the estate market, and they were one of the least expensive shapes to be found. People are funny (then/now/always).

Best looking pot I've ever seen, I think. Certainly looks like a high grade to me. I need to experiment more with the two pots I have, due to the apparent love affair some have with the shape.