would you keep it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you getting rid of any sweaters, slippers, CDs etc, the ex bought you? She didn't smoke the pipe or arrange it's commission or really have much to do with it, right? All that's left is something she put in your head. So if you like the pipe, keep it, if not, sell it. Take back the power she has over you. The applicable aphorism: A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. So the Big Q is -- Is it a good, smokable pipe? Only you can answer.

KevinM":ljzpatez said:
Are you getting rid of any sweaters, slippers, CDs etc, the ex bought you? She didn't smoke the pipe or arrange it's commission or really have much to do with it, right? All that's left is something she put in your head. So if you like the pipe, keep it, if not, sell it.  Take back the power she has over you. The applicable aphorism:  A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. So the Big Q is -- Is it a good, smokable pipe? Only you can answer.
Well since she never bought me anything else besides some watches and she kept those then it iis not valid. She is trying to keep anything of mine worth any value.

tarheel7734":hhe2ipcz said:
KevinM":hhe2ipcz said:
Are you getting rid of any sweaters, slippers, CDs etc, the ex bought you? She didn't smoke the pipe or arrange it's commission or really have much to do with it, right? All that's left is something she put in your head. So if you like the pipe, keep it, if not, sell it.  Take back the power she has over you. The applicable aphorism:  A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. So the Big Q is -- Is it a good, smokable pipe? Only you can answer.
Well since she never bought me anything else besides some watches and she kept those then it iis not valid. She is trying to keep anything of mine worth any value.
She cannot take your soul, or your future. Those will be forever yours.

That is true and I am a much better person without her. Can't wait till I never ha e to speak to her again.

tarheel7734":52hm92hq said:
That is true and I am a much better person without her. Can't wait till I never ha e to speak to her again.
There you go!

tarheel7734":3u1bwd1p said:
KevinM":3u1bwd1p said:
That's just stuff. Let go of it and you'll be much happier. Onward thru the fog as my first divorce attorney told me 40 years ago !! :twisted:

An alternative POV -- remember the scene in Deerhunter where the inept guy was trying to take DeNiro's spare pair of hunting boots, working on their buddyhood. DeNiro turned him down, held up a bullet and said, This is what it is, and that's all it is. The same can be said about your pipe. It's become a symbol to you, but you and no one else owns all the sentimental attachments and associations to it. Consider that your first step in resolving this problem is to take back the free space your ex is occupying in your head and learn again to view the pipe for what it actually is. You'll feel better, whether you decide to keep the pipe or not.

KevinM":7psmo07a said:
An alternative POV -- remember the scene in Deerhunter where the inept guy was trying to take DeNiro's spare pair of hunting boots, working on their buddyhood. DeNiro turned him down, held up a bullet and said, This is what it is, and that's all it is. The same can be said about your pipe. It's become a symbol to you, but you and no one else owns all the sentimental attachments and associations to it. Consider that your first step in resolving this problem is to take back the free space your ex is occupying in your head and learn again to view the pipe for what it actually is. You'll feel better, whether you decide to keep the pipe or not.

I really like this analogy, and I've never even seen that movie! Food for thought, to be sure.

:!:

Cheers,

RR