WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is nothing new for P$C, in fact it's general practice to over charge for them and bend there customers over as they did to me and many others in the past. Why anyone still does business with them is unknown to me.
I dropped'em like a bad habit over 2 or 3 years ago and never looked back. ;)

There's a reason CI's mascot is :lol:
Mofo's are laughing at dumbasses still stupid enough to do business with them.

Or when it's back in stock at Smoking Pipes it may reflect a price increase...

Dang glad I still have a significant stock of this stuff from my days working in South Africa and acquisitions from pipers who wanted to sell/trade it!! The MSRP ($34.99!!) got my attention also. Then, of course, one can purchase P&C's version for a mere comparative pittance :suspect: :cheers: FTRPLT

It ain't that good. There are too many others out there. Same goes for the Esoterica quest. I just tossed the last of my Penzance (about 1/2 oz.) Think it got moldy or something. Needed the container and won't be looking for any more.

My God just saw this price - a 'legendary' blend, but that much??? I never suspected that P&C was so greedy...

Canicus61":umdfisgb said:
My God just saw this price - a 'legendary' blend, but that much??? I never suspected that P&C was so greedy...
They may not be. It may reflect a price increase, which is what I suspect.

Cartaphilus":cws5564f said:
This is nothing new for P$C, in fact it's general practice to over charge for them and bend there customers over as they did to me and many others in the past. Why anyone still does business with them is unknown to me.
I dropped'em like a bad habit over 2 or 3 years ago and never looked back. ;)
Yep, they're dirty. They charge a nice little sum for the hard to get stuff. Even my local B&M isn't charging anywhere near $25 a pop for Germain's Balkan Sobranie. Smokingpipes has a better website and much better to do business with.

Canicus61":zezoy8j3 said:
Back in the day they weren't.. Since becoming a division of Cigars International they most assuredly are.

I'm sorry, who has this in stock currently? Now I realize it may be uncool to go against the flow, but as I've ordered from P&C and gotten great deals allow me to be the contrarian. Until it shows up on another site wouldn't one think it premature to go hatin' on P&C for what may be a price increase for which they are not responsible? I seem to remember a similar situation with MacBaren HH tins a while back.

I am not hating on them for just this particular instance. I'm hating on them for a (current) history of pulling stunts like this.

To be fair, it's their product and they can charge whatever they wish for it (barring manufacturers contract). But it's also our forum and I can vocally condemn them for their profiteering.

puros_bran":uy748604 said:
I am not hating on them for just this particular instance.  I'm hating on them for a (current) history of pulling stunts like this.

To be fair, it's their product and they can charge whatever they wish for it (barring manufacturers contract). But it's also our forum and I can vocally condemn them for their profiteering.
Do you know that they are? Actually?

No I do not have their bill of lading or their purchasing contract.
Gee you busted me out.. Shame on us for condemning a company with a history of profiteering for what may just be a doubling of price from the manufacturer. :roll:

That was one of my father's favorites, back in the day. He seemed to recall when it was a couple of bucks. Inflation I guess..........

Sigh, nobody else has this at the moment. So, as I tried to convey before, until they do we don't know if the price increase is on the P&C end. P&C prices are in line with what others charge for say Dunhill tins, or MacBaren's, et al. They increase may be reflected on the other sites when theirs comes in. They're a buck cheaper on SPC tins. The last price at 4Noggins was $18, which for a 50g tin still ain't cheap. So it's not inconceivable that the price jumped from the manufacturer. Which what I've been trying to convey.