WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what you are saying.  And I don't even hold that it is impossible.  
I just disagree.  Every time they have a 'rare' blend they quickly use up their inkpens writing new prices on the tins.

They did it with Easoterica blends, the parent company does it with Padron and Fuente cigars, they are doing it here.  

I'm confident enough in it that I will lay this bet out, all ya have to do is put your money where your argument is...
When it comes in at other etailers: If it's $25 like these Con Artist are charging I'll buy you a tin, if it's not you buy me a tin.  You in?

puros_bran":rpg9b6mc said:
I get what you are saying.  And I don't even hold that it is impossible.  
I just disagree.  Every time they have a 'rare' blend they quickly use up their inkpens writing new prices on the tins.

They did it with Easoterica blends, the parent company does it with Padron and Fuente cigars, they are doing it here.  

I'm confident enough in it that I will lay this bet out, all ya have to do is put your money where your argument is...
When it comes in at other etailers: If it's $25 like these Con Artist are charging I'll buy you a tin, if it's not you buy me a tin.  You in?
Fair Enough. It's not like I'd buy it at $25 bucks for a 50g tin anyway. Or even $18. It's why I don't chase Esoterica blends. So you're on. :)

I don't make it a habit agreeing with PB but, he's right. P$C has a long history of being profiteers and not caring about there customers. And that's why I for one haven't done business with them in years. They have not only gouged prices on items but, cancel your orders after you tell them NO just to raise the prices. And that's what they did to me and several others in the past. I'd say that enough to call them a 4 letter word and no longer do business with them. It doesn't take a truck to run me over to see what there doing.;)

Cartaphilus":3sfzywya said:
I don't make it a habit agreeing with PB but, he's right. P$C has a long history of being profiteers and not caring about there customers. And that's why I for one haven't done business with them in years. They have not only gouged prices on items but, cancel your orders after you tell them NO just to raise the prices. And that's what they did to me and several others in the past. I'd say that enough to call them a 4 letter word and no longer do business with them. It doesn't take a truck to run me over to see what there doing.;)  
I'm sorry that was your experience. It just hasn't been mine. I can't speak to years ago, as I've only been ordering from them recently, the last year and a half or so. I've got an order in of backordered tobacco's, so we'll see how it goes I guess.

Cartaphilus":ljg0kt2m said:
I don't make it a habit agreeing with PB  
I don't even make a habit of agreeing with me. It's like there's 8-10 people living in one body... It's what my special Doctor calls dissociative identy disorder. They give me pills for it but if I take them there's less of me to love.

BTW, for those willing to take a chance P&C has Dunhill tins $1 off until 6/30. I've got 6 tins of De Luxe Navy Roll coming, which apparently they've just gotten back in.

Don't have a dog in this fight! My few orders from P&C have been done executed with no problems. I'll point out again that the listed MSRP for BS on the P&C site is $34.99 :shock: P&C is selling it for $24.99. The other sites listing it (SPs, 4Ns, Mars, etc.) have roughly an $11 or so price on it; but they are all out of stock!! When and if any of the other sites get in any BS, then we will know the "straight skinny" on current pricing. FWIW :suspect: :cheers: FTRPLT

eklektos44":ueo0e7ai said:
I'm sorry, who has this in stock currently? Now I realize it may be uncool to go against the flow, but as I've ordered from P&C and gotten great deals allow me to be the contrarian. Until it shows up on another site wouldn't one think it premature to go hatin' on P&C for what may be a price increase for which they are not responsible? I seem to remember a similar situation with MacBaren HH tins a while back.
I've always been happy with the business I've done with P&C. No complaints from me. It's a free market after all - if they think they have buyers at that price (and clearly they do), then more power to them.

Seems like this topic pops up occasionally, a testament to the fact that P&C still hasn't fixed some of their customer service issues, or done enough to spruce up their reputation.

I am a pretty easy-going person and in the scope of things they have only ticked me off a couple times, of course discontinuing Steamroller hardly helps their cause. However, I agree that there's something about them (perhaps their awful website) that leaves me cold, so I shop elsewhere.

Now 24.99 cent tins of Germain Sobranie is what the market demands, so do you blame P&C or the folks that willingly pay that price for it?

If a vendor thinks they can get their price for their product, that will be where they set the price. No sense sitting on product that won't move. There will be those who buy this at the set price alright. A good portion of those will buy it so they can satisfy their covetous nature, if for no other reason.

Most of this harder to find stuff (Sobranie, Esoterica, etc) shows up at retailers in batches around the same time frame. When you see it come back into stock at one place, many times other retailers are also getting shipments as well. I think the others often sell out ridiculously fast because they're not charging double what the normal price is even if they limit it to 1 tin per person. I know a couple places that got Sobranie in last week that were still priced around 11 bucks a tin. SP had it in (at least for a minute or so) a little over a week ago and it was $10.87/tin.

It seems pretty clear that P&C jacks up the prices on hard to find stuff and it will still sell it all day long at that price. Like the Esoterica 8oz bags all SHOULD sell at the same price, but why are the not so popular blends $34.99 while Stonehaven and Penzance are $49.99? Because people are still willing to pay them for it. Sad thing is, $34.99 is STILL overpriced...SP had Kingsbridge for $25.95 a bag not long ago. I understand some price differences, but either SP is not making any money or...

It's their business and they're not committing any crimes pricing their product as they see fit. If you look at it from a business standpoint, of course you want to make a bigger profit. Doing it in this manner though, runs the risk of pissing off the consumer. Consumers have the choice on where to do business and many choose to do it elsewhere.

And of course CHEERS Brewdude! :cheers: