Yard work Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJack

Reaction score
Wanted to know what everybody's favorite blends are while you are doing yard work or such mindless chores and don't have time to really concentrate on what you are smoking? What is your kick around smoke? I like to puff on a bowl full of simple Burley such as Sugar Barrel or McClelland's Kentucky Cavendish. How bout you all?

For yard work I enjoy Sir Walter, Carter Hall or Kentucky Club Mild when it's not too windy. If the wind is pretty stiff, I'll pack in some Stokkebye Cube Cut Burley.

Jim

I like Edgeworth RR for yard business. Rubbed/cube cut burley just loves the outdoors. (Don't know what I'll replace it with when I run out.)

Stokkebye Cube Cut Burley works for me, nice long even burn and it doesn't get unmanageable in windy conditions. :pipe:

Usually my outdoor activity tends more toward fishing or walking in the woods and less toward "working" (like Maynard G Krebbs, that word scares me). Gatlin Burley or Frog Morton in a full bent anything or a bulldog satisfies my itch.

Cater Hall does it for me,,,sometimes with a pinch of Walnut mixed in to kill the mosquitos/ deer flies/ ticks/ wasps/ rabid frogs,,,,,,

Prince Albert is my yard work, golf course, and fishing smoke. When I plan ahead I'll fill the pipe of the day with Samuel Gawirth Commonwealth and start the acctivity with that. Refills come from my handy pouch of PA. If I REALLY plan ahead the pouch pocket will have a second prepacked pipe with Commonwealth or Walnut to start the back nine or second hour of fishing.

mark":pd23wqjr said:
...a pinch of Walnut mixed in to kill the mosquitos/ deer flies/ ticks/ wasps/ rabid frogs,,,,,,
Thanks for the great tip! I never thought of that.

Jim :lol!:

Not much yard work in Manhattan, where my salient outdoor activity that I care to discuss is biking.

I love to ride to Central Park, squat atop a rock, light up and watch the passing parade. And boy does it parade.

Or spin to Riverside Park, or the Battery Park extension, plunk down on a bench and puff, while taking in the glistening water of the beautiful Hudson river, across glamorous downtown Paramus, New Jersey, where the élite just don't meet to eat.

You don't need a book (you might need a shot of gamma-globulin) in a NYC park. A mild-smelling mixture won't do, either. Give' em something with Latakia that will really arouse 'em so they threaten to call the cops!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/80CNp0_06Fo" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eulenburg":ka6i8ai8 said:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/80CNp0_06Fo" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yard work is a simple enjoyable task that needs a simple enjoyable tobacco. Prince Albert everytime! :mrgreen:

Oh yes, someone kick that asshat ,in the video, in the ass for such rudeness. People like that give pipe smokers a bad name! :evil: :evil:

I'm tempted to say Prince Albert is my go-to blend for yard work, and it is much of the time. But really, whatever I've got open at the time is what I'll fill the pipe with.

Mike

Sometimes the Prince, sometimes Middletons Apple, either in an old cob or an old Dr. Grabow pipe.

Another vote for Prince Albert, usually in a cob if I'm doing something that risks damage to the pipe. A reasonable cigar is also an option.

-Andrew

Buck":9h8cvs5e said:
Eulenburg":9h8cvs5e said:
Yard work is a simple enjoyable task that needs a simple enjoyable tobacco. Prince Albert everytime! :mrgreen:

Oh yes, someone kick that asshat ,in the video, in the ass for such rudeness. People like that give pipe smokers a bad name! :evil: :evil:
That was a great video! Clearly a post modern deconstruction of the human condition. I've never blown smoke into the face of a stranger but I am young yet...someday I suppose.

Eulenburg":oscx2lq0 said:
Not much yard work in Manhattan, where my salient outdoor activity that I care to discuss is biking.

I love to ride to Central Park, squat atop a rock, light up and watch the passing parade. And boy does it parade.

Or spin to Riverside Park, or the Battery Park extension, plunk down on a bench and puff, while taking in the glistening water of the beautiful Hudson river, across glamorous downtown Paramus, New Jersey, where the élite just don't meet to eat.

You don't need a book (you might need a shot of gamma-globulin) in a NYC park. A mild-smelling mixture won't do, either. Give' em something with Latakia that will really arouse 'em so they threaten to call the cops!

Honestly. If there was a real guy like that in the video in CP, I'd call him a douchbag for making pipe smoking look bad and making me feel bad for being able to smoke at that pace. I'd fry a hole in the back of my throat at that rate. (Though it is funny :lol!: especially the old guy)

I've never thought of actually smoking in CP, It would seem like something great and at the same time difficult because I usually end up with a hot pipe when smoking outside, though I dream of being able to smoke around a campfire.

Behind the band shell in Central Park there is an elevated wisteria grove, a pergola, something like an island in the sea called The Mall, a beautiful, shady, breezy spot shrouded in 150-year-old creeping wisteria where pipe-smoking. Spring or Summer, is one of the glorious New York things.

WisteriainRoxbury.jpg

I can't smoke a pipe and do yard work. I sweat too much and the pollen and dust gives me fits. I wish I could though, I think it would be nice to have a pipe while working outside.

LtMac