You a 1-brander?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am, by no means, a one-brand man. But this guy makes me want to be! The one brand/one blend thing is oddly alluring

monbla256":eyayg8i2 said:
Here's probably the ULTIMATE "one -brander" : the French author Georges Simenon who created the pipe smoking Inspector from the Surite, Magrait. GS is said to have only smoked Dunhill pipes and supposedly had over 300 of them and he smoked only ONE tobacco blend in them, Dunhill's Royal Yacht! One pipe brand and one tobacco blend :p

match67c1.jpg

I have over 150 pipes in my collection, and as most of the brothers here on the forum know, my favorite pipe carver hands down is Marco Biagini at Moretti. Marco builds every pipe like he is making it for himself. His stem work is fantastic, and flaws in his stems are non existent.

Most of the time, his pipes which are light enough to easily clench end up selling for around $100. Marco only sells his pipes over the internet and ebay, preferring to eliminate dealers and middlemen who would unnecessarily increase the costs of his pipes. Bottom line is, I always get a very well crafted briar that has been aged at least 10 years before carving, for about the same money that you would expect to pay for a Stanwell, Savinelli, or Peterson.

Plus, his customer service is A+++, and he is always accessible and super easy to personally talk to anytime I have a question about anything.

I would say I'm a one brand smoker. I do have a few other pipes that are factory pipes but my favorites pipes are my Boswells. He is a local artesian and his pipes are very reasonably priced for what you get. The are made to give you a full smoke which is what we are all looking for.

Most of my pies are Savinelli's . Have a few others, But to be truthful I like my Savinelli's. Im also a one tobacco smoker. Ill try other tabacco from time to time. I just havent found one I like better or as well as what I smoke. All my pipes are bent as well.

One brand?,,no, but all my pipes have met certain strict requirements that meet my needs and conform to my notion of what a pipe should be.

They all have a bowl and a stem.

I do own a fair bit of pipes, mostly Brigham, Lorenzetti and Peterson. As much as i like my estate dunhills, my meershaums, nordings or MacQueens i find myself inexplicably drawn to Brighams. If i had to smoke one brand of pipes it would be them. However smoke the same type of tobacco for the rest of my life? Sacrilege!

Yeah. I'm a Peterson guy.

Anything with silver on it, and prefer the Spigot ones.

I've got 8 or 9 Savinellis in my collection, but I've got a lot of other brands too. Savs are what my local shop has always sold the most of, so that's why I have so many, but as much as I enjoy them, I'd feel deprived if I smoked nothing else.

How about this, does any one stick to the same shape? bulldog, billiard, poker, etc, etc.