You know winter is coming when...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Home Depot posts "winter hours"

The Canadian Tire weekly sales flyer features snow blowers.

Costco is displaying Christmas ornaments and ornamental articial trees.

All observed this week :shock:

SP I crave this time of year as it means duck/goose season is right around the corner....

Slow Puffs":mifv7bng said:
Home Depot posts "winter hours"

The Canadian Tire weekly sales flyer features snow blowers.

Costco is displaying Christmas ornaments and ornamental articial trees.

All observed this week :shock:
I've noticed some of those signs too. I've also been seeing my breath at night for the last few weeks.

you know spring is coming when.........
I can wear my new Kapnismologist T Shirt Ron sent without a Sweater!!!!!!!

Chicks dig me now!!!!

It's about that time when you spend the morning copying elaborate syllabi (because apparently one has to be a contract attorney now to say "Show up on time and do what I $#%&ing tell you to" and hope the administration will back you up...)

Doc Manhattan":9ywdo3mm said:
It's about that time when you spend the morning copying elaborate syllabi (because apparently one has to be a contract attorney now to say "Show up on time and do what I $#%&ing tell you to" and hope the administration will back you up...)
Dang, Doc...... that happens to me all year round!!!!! :lol:

We have another 30-45 days of 90 degree weather left here. I'm hoping for an early and long fall, though. Who needs winter? Fall is perfect!

TallSmoke":zxec1n0s said:
We have another 30-45 days of 90 degree weather left here. I'm hoping for an early and long fall, though. Who needs winter? Fall is perfect!
My sentiments exactly!!!! FTRPLT

The leaves are turning, the Canadians are flying south, and the perch are biting like crazy,,,

TallSmoke":n0ly5fqw said:
Amen!! We've had an unusually cool summer and an unusually cool spell the last week or so, but there's certainly several more weeks of heat to come. Prediction back into the low 100's later this week. I could live with 6 months of fall, personally. I love autumn. The colors, the perfect daytime temps, crisp nights, the harvest season, the holidays. No better season than fall 8)

Piet Binsbergen":t8fdtkmn said:

Chicks dig me now!!!!
It is starting to warm up a bit on the other side of the world, eh!

Justpipes":mzya41vd said:
Piet Binsbergen":mzya41vd said:

Chicks dig me now!!!!
It is starting to warm up a bit on the other side of the world, eh!
About time too, JP!!!!
Spring is in the air!

Somebody please tell the east coast, another week of 90+ here in NYC! I long for the clear crisp days of autumn, and latakia!!!

skaukatt":bxg3nouz said:
Somebody please tell the east coast, another week of 90+ here in NYC! I long for the clear crisp days of autumn, and latakia!!!
Me too! Fall is my favorite season. Can't wait for this weather to shift.

When you wake up in your sleeping bag in a tent and you walk out to find a good tree and you can see your breath.. 35.F makes crawling back in the sleeping bag a fast movement. The katydids have been singing for a couple weeks now. Good pipe weather on the way..
Chuck..

Doc Manhattan":5px8vqb6 said:
For my Gen. Ed. sections, my syllabi is up to 13 pages now! FERPA, ADA, plagiarism, it reads like a legal contract!

Natch