Your best pipe acquisition this year

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess my best would be my only, the Peterson's Moran I added.  She's a looker, and a sweet smoker...

006_zpsd7ea9070.jpg

jogilli":6225e14l said:
I was lucky enough to add a time piece pipe I've been looking for for years. 1901 LB BBB bent billiard... Thanks to Alan at reborn briars

bbb-lb-1901.jpg

I Remade the stem myself ... Horn tenon and all

James
My bro', this is one beautiful piece of art! I love all the birdseye, the shape, the siliverware. Are you going to smoke it?

Speedypete

Thanks... And the answer is absolutely.... Have and will continue to use it on occasion ;-)

James

While appreciating three fine pipes that were given to me by my friend AJ, 4 outstanding pipes from Briar Spirit Pipes by Kirk Fitzgerald would have to be the best acquisition....both circumstances afforded me two new and close friends that at my age is most unusual.

That would be the best acquisition, the best outcome anyone could hope for.  I've been blessed.

Of the fourteen pipes I gotten this year the pipe on the bottom left wins hands down. Poor photo's, vague description and high shipping from Italy made this a gamble but It's the best smoking pipe I've ever owned. The pipe in the center left is the most meaningful a gift from a close friend/mentor to commemorate my display in Chi last spring.  :shock:   
dscn2113.jpg

daveinlax":x1sjrufr said:
Of the fourteen pipes I gotten this year the pipe on the bottom left wins hands down. Poor photo's, vague description and high shipping from Italy made this a gamble but It's the best smoking pipe I've ever owned. The pipe in the center left is the most meaningful a gift from a close friend/mentor to commemorate my display in Chi last spring.  :shock:   
dscn2113.jpg
Who made your best smoking pipe?  :twisted:

monbla256":odzttgv4 said:
LOL! Sorry about that! Other than a Ferndown and a Clarence Mickes all the pipes I got are Castello's. That one is a very unique short chubby shape 30 kk Collection.  :shock: 

It sure is, awesome pipe Dave!

daveinlax":229vah7h said:
monbla256":229vah7h said:
LOL! Sorry about that! Other than a Ferndown and a Clarence Mickes all the pipes I got are Castello's. That one is a very unique short chubby shape 30 kk Collection.  :shock: 

herbinedave":qosphwhz said:
ajn27511":qosphwhz said:
I bought several that are on the list favorites but this Royal Comoy's tops the list.  :) 

AJ

Yikes, that is quite the lovely looking birdseye!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
Oh man, you've got me green, I'm so jealous !!  Some of the most beautiful pipes I've seen in a long time.  :cheers:

my Grant Batson tortured Revfish
1457536_10151762540205168_1939331843_n.jpg

Might be the last pipe I ever buy, unfortunately

rev

I didnt buy this one, I did a little swap with a friend here on BOB. Its a Savinelli 614 Punto Oro with a meershuam lining. Nice little pipe that Im enjoying. If Yall know me you know I like em bent.

plumbernater":4hi3f82y said:
I didnt buy this one, I did a little swap with a friend here on BOB. Its a Savinelli 614 Punto Oro with a meershuam lining. Nice little pipe that Im enjoying. If Yall know me you know I like em bent.

I'm a bent kind of guy too plumber, and that one rings the bells!

:rabbit: 

Cheers,

RR

I did a little swaping with cartaphilus.. He does some nice work on restoring pipes too. This is what he did to the old Nonpareil I swaped with him. If it looked that good Id had a hard time letting it go. It was A large pipe and I just dont take to the large ones that good.

Geez, all but one of my pipes were purchased this year! :p But I'd have to say without hesitation, even though I got it in October, my favorite has to be my Growley smooth bent Rhodesian. (With my Piersel straight billiard twins a close second!)

img_1031-copy.jpg

We have some incredibly talented artisans here on this board. I feel very privileged to mix company with such fine folks!

plumbernater":tp88hs9t said:
I did a little swaping with cartaphilus.. He does some nice work on restoring pipes too. This is what he did to the old Nonpareil I swaped with him. If it looked that good Id had a hard time letting it go. It was A large pipe and I just dont take to the large ones that good.

Hell of a fine blast on that. Dammit...

Best,