Your "Must Have" Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forsooth":3l817pv2 said:
I could minimally make do with 3 Lane blends: 1-Q, BC-A, and RLP-6.
Amen Brother!

That would work for me, as long as I have a little Chelsea Morning, Early Morning Pipe, and a little 965. I'm not a real big English Blend person myself, but I do like some on occasion. I guess if things got really tough i'd be stuck with a steady diet of CBW - although that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing (to me).

I'd be hard pressed to be without (in no particular order)-

Escudo
Presbyterian
P&W #78 and Churchill
Stonehaven

Others TNTC.....

No B&M near me has most of these, and if they do it's twice the price over the net!

:x

Golden Sliced

GLP:
Telegraph Hill
Chelsea Morning

Sammy G's:
FVF
BBF
Squadron Leader

Others:
Dunhill 965
Penzance
Bombay Extra

I might, some day, but right now can't imagine getting tired of my two "regular stock" blends of Trout Stream and Butternut Burley.

I'd also like to have a nice stash of GLP Westminster, Presbyterian Mixture, and C&D Autumn Evening around for a good long while.

If I had enough of those five blends I'd be OK, methinks. But 30-days from now I might tell you something completely different.

Buy everything and decide later?

MB Vintage Syrian
MC 2015
MC 2020
GLP Cumberland

Mine would be:

Solani Burley
Solani VA
Solani Silver Flake
Reiner Golden Flake
Hearth & Home Louisiana Red

Yeap these can keep me whole!

man, i hope that never actually happens.

though it would be incentive to start up the B&M shops.............and maybe a spark for the few that exist.

i had to drive to south carolina or somewhere for:

Macbaren Mixture Flake

Macbaren Roll cake

GL Pease Quiet Nights

cam

Reiner's Long Golden Flake

Solani 633: Virginia Flake with Périque

James Fox' Dorisco Mixture

Rattray's Marlin Flake

McClelland's Oriental Mixture No 8

Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut

James Fox' Campanile

McClelland Grand Marnier & Raspberries in Cream
But with that said I like a diversity of Makes and Blends

The problem an internet ban on tobac sales would really cause, for me, is a lack of access to QUALITY tobacco. I smoke lots of different brands and blends: VAPERS, English, Aros, you name it. There are so many many good vapers I can't single one out as a must have. Same for aros. However, I must have EMP w/ my morning cup!

Pittacus":687xqokp said:
The problem an internet ban on tobac sales
Is this yet another proposed restriction in addition to (as stated on another thread) a $50/per 16 oz Fed. tax on pipe tobacco?

Couldn't say. All I know is that there is a concerted effort on federal and state levels to ban, impede, and/or tax into oblivion the sale of tobacco on the internet. If the sale of cigarettes to minors is their real agenda then they should say so. However, the wording of any proposed legislation I've seen has included all tobacco whether implicitly or explicitly. I wish 'they' would just leave us alone.

Rattray's Marlin Flake
Esoterica Margate
J.F. Germain Brown Flake
Solani Aged Burley Flake
Gawith Hoggarth Brown Irish Twist
Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake

I have several favorite blends that i like very much, but i think i could live happily hereafter if i had an unlimited source for Capstan Original Navy Cut and SG Balkan Flakes only. Guess they must be my "must have" blends.

Favorite/Top five/desert island stash/must have/ if you had to choose only one tobacco,,,,,interesting topic,,especially if you go back, say a year, maybe two and review what you posted as your favorites at that time. Why was I smoking that stuff?,,,what was I thinking?????,,,

mark":928crzsa said:
Favorite/Top five/desert island stash/must have/ if you had to choose only one tobacco,,,,,interesting topic,,especially if you go back, say a year, maybe two and review what you posted as your favorites at that time. Why was I smoking that stuff?,,,what was I thinking?????,,,
:cheers: