13th ANNUAL TAPS PIPE and TOBACCIANA EXPO

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adauria":93ulhppa said:
Mark & fellow TAPS members - It looks like I have abandoned you guys, but I have not!! I've committed to an ongoing series at my church taking place on Tuesday nights. It should go on for another 6 weeks or so, then I will start attending TAPS meetings again - promise!

-Andrew
Don't feel bad Andrew, I haven't made as many meetings this year as I would like to have. I was at the last 2 out of 3.

Justpipes":c6u7ui4n said:
adauria":c6u7ui4n said:
Mark & fellow TAPS members - It looks like I have abandoned you guys, but I have not!! I've committed to an ongoing series at my church taking place on Tuesday nights. It should go on for another 6 weeks or so, then I will start attending TAPS meetings again - promise!

-Andrew
Don't feel bad Andrew, I haven't made as many meetings this year as I would like to have. I was at the last 2 out of 3.
Don't nobody feel bad!! My crazy schedule has allowed me to be at Duffy's once a year or so!! I'm really working on making that better!!

Let's keep working on this "get together!!" Shoot, I can do breakfast, lunch, afternoon beer, or din-din....Let's just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Ok, I just talked to the boss (wife) and it is a go.
Count me in for the TAPS-BoB Rendezvous, just let me know the details and I'll make it happen. :cheers:

DAMN!!!! This is VERY tempting!!! I would love to meet up with the "fellas". I will be headed down to WV that weekend. I just looked on Google Maps and saw that it's only about 300 miles away. Decisions, decisions, decisions :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

DoverPipes":2is3lwyy said:
DAMN!!!! This is VERY tempting!!! I would love to meet up with the "fellas". I will be headed down to WV that weekend. I just looked on Google Maps and saw that it's only about 300 miles away. Decisions, decisions, decisions :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Do it!!!

Justpipes":msd98hhu said:
DoverPipes":msd98hhu said:
Do it!!!
Ditto!

Jim

PS-If they decide to have a breakfast get together you can take my place as I'm not an early morning person. :sleep:

Looking forward to meeting some more of the guys I've been jawing with on here, especially EJinVA. Wishing we could get PB down there. Hoping I find a pipe that beckons me to buy it. Been saving some mad money for it.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with some Southern BoBers, should be fun, just keep the Wild Turkey Rye away from JP or he'll start preachin'.
Yeah, if PB went he could just swing by SW VA and pick me up,,,,course he might start preachin' even without the WT :affraid: .

Breakfast or lunch sounds good to me; I have late afternoon/evening plans. Just let me know

DoverPipes":qiqeur4a said:
DP....I've driven most of the Google-suggested route from HP to Raleigh. Count on 5-ish hours plus stops. It ain't the distance, it's the traffic!!!!! COME ON DOWN :lol: FTRPLT

I'll be set up there. I don't think I'll have anything new from my shop but I'll have lots of estates and a few of my older pieces there. If the weather's bad this weekend I may get something new cranked out, but the garden and honeydo list have kept me from playing in the shop for a good long while now. I'd like to get something done for the pipe contest, we'll have to see...

Stop by and introduce yourself, I'm the guy on the right in the pic above

Guys, if it was just a little closer to Kansas I would be there, I love that part of our country and pipes and pipe smoking would just make it that much better.

I am really planning on being in Chicago next month, my son is going to be home from Dubai at the same time. Hopefully see some of you there.

aaronbtxnc":nn8vvlli said:

Stop by and introduce yourself, I'm the guy on the right in the pic above
Looks like Duffy's in Raleigh.

-Andrew

I was so looking forward to the TAPS show Saturday and I've been trying to make it happen. But, the deck is stacked against me; I've got a car repair bill, a dentist bill and several other things that came up suddenly, so I'll have to be a no-show at the TAPS show. May try Richmond in the fall, but no promises.

EJinVA":b4op8wly said:
I was so looking forward to the TAPS show Saturday and I've been trying to make it happen. But, the deck is stacked against me; I've got a car repair bill, a dentist bill and several other things that came up suddenly, so I'll have to be a no-show at the TAPS show. May try Richmond in the fall, but no promises.
I am sorry to here that Eric! But, I certainly understand. If it were an event that I would have to travel to, I don't know that I would be able to make it either for some of the same reasons. We know you will be there in spirit! :D

Last minute preparations underway!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!

About to hit the road now, been up since about 7 this morning. Worked the full time, worked the part time, came home, packed car, showered, and am now thinking I'm gonna be better off leaving before sleeping rather than try to get up in a little over 2 and a half hours. Definitely gonna brew a pot up before I go though.

javascript:emoticonp(':face:')

Andrew, that's McGuire's Tavern in Hickory taken a few years ago.

Let's see...
tobacco, check
pipes, check (like 250+)
pipe racks, check (like 30+, look in the tote under the table)
camera, check
filled out registration form (sorry again Mr. Swindell), check
$ for table and change, check
now what am I forgetting, oh yeah, sleep can wait 'til later

See you guys in a few hours!