2013 BoB Pipe of the Year (All Done)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen the time has come to start thinking about the BoB Forum Pipe of the Year for 2013.

We all know from listening to the Pipes Magazine radio show that there is a press right now in the pipe making industry and makers are unable to keep up with the demands of the market. We are also very aware that Brian Levine is a stand up guy who represents the US market for Brigham pipes. For those who have not looked into the Brigham System pipes they can be viewed at http://www.brighampipes.com/2006%20Update.htm  Unlike most filtered pipes the Brigham filters can be rinsed and reused multiple times.

Last years Tinsky pipes were great, however for this year we would like to see even more people able to post pictures of them enjoying the official BoB Forum pipe around as they travel around the world, country, back yard, mowing the lawn or whatever your cup of tea is. This years pipe will be right kept right about or just a little bit North of the ONE-hundred dollar line. To make this happen though we do need to narrow down a finish and shape of the pipes between what you will find below. We have a poll question open and would love for everyone here to post their choice for this years pipe. And without further adieu this years beauty contestants:

Brigham Shape 16- Chinook
002-491-0673.jpg

htg16.jpg

Brigham Shape 16- Heritage

Brigham Shape 84- Chinook
chn84.jpg

htg84.jpg

Brigham Shape 84- Heritage

Brigham Shape 29- Chinook
chn29.jpg

htg29.jpg

Brigham Shape 29- Heritage

Brigham Shape 426- Chinook
chn426.jpg

htg426.jpg

Brigham Shape 426- Heritage

Please cast your vote above and let us know your opinion. The poll is open for 30 days.

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Did you get the ball rolling on this Kaiser? Really cool! I've wanted to try a Brigham for a while now!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ocelot55":cqa1b5ew said:
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Did you get the ball rolling on this Kaiser? Really cool! I've wanted to try a Brigham for a while now!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Yep the ball is rolling. Brian and Brigham seem very eager and happy to work with us, but we need forum member approval and everyone to be happy to move forward.

Very cool. I replaced a stem on a Brigham pipe a few months ago for a friend, and it looked like it was a really nice pipe, well drilled, good grain and so on.

i'll pick one up. pretty stoked on this! i like the price point, too. makes it more obtainable, and explainable to SWMBO

I've been looking at the #29 shape; This would be a good excuse reason to get one!

Chinook shape 29 8)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YOqGiYtndPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'm genuinely surprised y'all are more interested in the rusticated than the smooth finish.

kaiser83":2t4mm32g said:
I'm genuinely surprised y'all are more interested in the rusticated than the smooth finish.
Sandblasted, Kaiser. Big difference! :mrgreen:

Maybe would could narrow it down to the shape and leave the finish (smooth or blast) up to each member?

Sure, I'm in. But I want it to be the Brigham Shape 426- Heritage. :lol:

But seeing as how it has an early lead in the poll, I guess the Shape 29- Chinook would work too. 8)

scotties22":x0amx1um said:
Maybe would could narrow it down to the shape and leave the finish (smooth or blast) up to each member?
I can ask about that, but the initial suggestion was to narrow it down to one so that the retailer doesn't end up with butt loads of extras lying around. For now let's try to get it down to one and if we can work the finish option we will.

kaiser83":zva8nwyu said:
A decent sandblast beats even a fairly well done smooth! That shape is well executed too, looks like the Kaywoodie 13B, a Dunhill Banker/Prince looking kind of thing.

Anyone who doesn't know exactly what the Brigham filter system is about, this video will explain it better than any written dialogue could. I'm not at all a filter guy, but these don't worry me at all.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6tBkpWZDQCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Thanks PuffDaddy!

I don't have a blasted finish pipe, so that is more interesting to me.

kaiser83":lm21h4uf said:
That's because we're a pretty rough bunch. You should'a known that by now. :lol:

Of these selections, #29 looks best blasted (Chinook), and #426 looks best smooth (Heritage).

The rest I'm "meh" about.

8)