A BoB Cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fellas. Shot a follow up email to everyone that needed one after the holiday just to keep the process moving along. You will all be the first to know anything new!

Wow! How did I miss this one? No matter. I'm absolutely up for this...put me on 'the list' if there's such a thing. If not, I'll be alerted since I posted here.

I also like the Bulldog cob idea and have following the possibility for quite a long time - as it was mentioned in other posts made long ago. It would be nice to see this finally come to fruition.

In addition, if the Bulldog has a longer wait than John has implied (a couple of months) I think another cool idea would be to cut down a "Freehand" very slightly...just enough to make it a little different from the standard model. To me, this is the best smoking design that MM puts out and that should stand for something as well as the BoB CoB just being 'unique'.

Also, if the BoB CoB was produced as a 'natural' I would be very pleased...meaning that it should have no varnish on the outside to prevent breathing...unless of course it was needed for the spray painting of the BoB thing on the side.

Could be get the BoB thing to look like a 'tagger' did it...like graffitti? lol

I'm in, no matter what the shape. We don't have a cob and I have a nice big hole in the pipe rack waiting.

Blackhorse":eplrt1t8 said:
Wow! How did I miss this one? No matter. I'm absolutely up for this...put me on 'the list' if there's such a thing. If not, I'll be alerted since I posted here.

I also like the Bulldog cob idea and have following the possibility for quite a long time - as it was mentioned in other posts made long ago. It would be nice to see this finally come to fruition.

In addition, if the Bulldog has a longer wait than John has implied (a couple of months) I think another cool idea would be to cut down a "Freehand" very slightly...just enough to make it a little different from the standard model. To me, this is the best smoking design that MM puts out and that should stand for something as well as the BoB CoB just being 'unique'.

Also, if the BoB CoB was produced as a 'natural' I would be very pleased...meaning that it should have no varnish on the outside to prevent breathing...unless of course it was needed for the spray painting of the BoB thing on the side.

Could be get the BoB thing to look like a 'tagger' did it...like graffitti? lol

Actually, the last comment I recall making about a possible Bulldog cob is late spring or mid-summer of next year, if this season's crop i ssuccessful, and yeilds the extra large corn MM expects.

I misread the entire topic. I thought it was a Cobbler BoB. thought I was going to land a cheap boot repair.

I was under the impression we were a year off anyway for the bulldog (meaning, this year's crop means next year's pipes)... *shrug*

...if we do some special natural freehands I'd be in too, if a "test run" happens. I don't have a natural freehand, either. :)

8)

Kyle Weiss":5a1jydlu said:
I was under the impression we were a year off anyway for the bulldog (meaning, this year's crop means next year's pipes)... *shrug*

...if we do some special natural freehands I'd be in too, if a "test run" happens. I don't have a natural freehand, either. :)

8)

Yes, this year's crop, which will be harvested in mid fall, will be used mostly for next year's crop. They have developed a quick drying method, versus a normal drying period of two years. Once the new, larger cobs are ready, they'll need time to dsesign the new Bulldog cob.

Count me in, a freehand or bulldog I'm in or maybe both! :cheers:

Natural Freehand cob is a killer pipe. I'm in for whatever. My nat Freehand is coming to its last puffs, I fear. So I would happily purchase a new one. I also have developed a new affinity for bulldogs and the like. Either way, a BoB cob would be great. I'm in

Count me in as well! Cobs are much more functional than the disposable pipes that so many folks in the past have considered them. I keep 6 in my regular rotation now, since I invested in a couple of George Walker's Forever Stems. :cheers:

Hello everyone. I haven't been around for awhile. I've been overcome by events, as it were. Way too many projects.

I have become an exclusive cob smoker. Who would have thought. My Pete's are getting a well deserved rest.

I'm in for a couple of whatever ya'll want. I would like 3 of the bulldog when it happens. 8)

John what's requirements for membership in your exclussive Cob Snob Society? I carry one in my overhauls pocket. Fifteen around the house, I suppose.:twisted:

Bill

sand18f":4va8qzu0 said:
Hello everyone. I haven't been around for awhile. I've been overcome by events, as it were. Way too many projects.

I have become an exclusive cob smoker. Who would have thought. My Pete's are getting a well deserved rest.

I'm in for a couple of whatever ya'll want. I would like 3 of the bulldog when it happens. 8)

John what's requirements for membership in your exclussive Cob Snob Society? I carry one in my overhauls pocket. Fifteen around the house, I suppose.:twisted:

Bill
Since you smoke and enjoy cobs, you're already a member. If you want a banner for your signature, here is one,

CobBanner.gif

Glad to see ya posting again, Bill. :D

These BoB Bulldog Cobs might be available sometime next year, but we're not sure. Depends on the crop, and the interest of the Brothers at the time. I'm still super stoked to possibly procure one...or three...or ten... 8)