A BoB Cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":m9prmzmf said:
I'm wondering if the current crop will gain enough size...there being fairly widespread drought conditions this year. (from what I've heard anyway)
It could be both smaller sized corn, plus a smaller overall crop. Only harvest time will provide us those answers.

After seeing George's MM Bent Bulldog I got to have 1 no wait put me down for 2. Don't care what the wait is as long as it happens.

Is there any progress on the BOB Briars?

I own a couple of "old stock" MM´s.

They´re a excellent Smoke! I fittet one with a forever Stem. But i had to do some sanding on the stem, for the drilling hole was not the same size as today´s Cobs.

But it feels, looks and smokes real fine!

Greetings from Germany!
Georg

Gents, two things: 1. You don't put your name in for these. They would likely be available from MM directly...if and when they are available. Since you posted on this thread you're sent an email when future posts occur, and if you're a member... And...2. The briar pipes are indeed available now, in several styles, from Mark Tinsky at American Smoking Pipes. Go to his Site and look under the listing's for 'Club Pipes'. I happen to own a black-n-Tan version and can attest to the quality of design, and engineering and craftsmanship as well as the smoke-ability. They are fantastic!

Blackhorse":f320l02u said:
Gents, two things: 1. You don't put your name in for these. They would likely be available from MM directly...if and when they are available. Since you posted on this thread you're sent an email when future posts occur, and if you're a member... And...2. The briar pipes are indeed available now, in several styles, from Mark Tinsky at American Smoking Pipes. Go to his Site and look under the listing's for 'Club Pipes'. I happen to own a black-n-Tan version and can attest to the quality of design, and engineering and craftsmanship as well as the smoke-ability. They are fantastic!
link: http://ssl.cybersun.com/4Dscripts/webcatalog4disapi.dll/4dcgi/Products?AMS~101655740~1~103014

re: the BoB Cob,
I don't think we ever got the official answer, but it's expected that the dismal farming season this year did not yield the larger corn ears needed for a new bulldog pipe. Better luck next year.

Since John Patton is kind of MM's lost son of sorts...:lol: ...maybe he could sweet-talk them into saving some unusually large cobs for a run of 30 of these things for us? Like most things grown and/or cultivated, there's always exceptional examples in any season, productive or not. I'm sure any of us would be willing to pay for 'em accordingly.

8)

Do like this idea. Doubt we'll see any decently sized corn crop. If I remember correctly MM ages/dries their cobs two years after their harvest before they start manufacturing pipes with em?

So going back two years, the corn crop has been pretty crappy, even recently too. This doesn't even count for back log. So who knows about the size of the cobs.

The idea is fantastic, and I look forward to more info!

Do like this idea. Doubt we'll see any decently sized corn crop. If I remember correctly MM ages/dries their cobs two years after their harvest before they start manufacturing pipes with em?

So going back two years, the corn crop has been pretty crappy, even recently too. This doesn't even count for back log. So who knows about the size of the cobs.

The idea is fantastic, and I look forward to more info!

woodsmansbriar":pkav7ocy said:
If I remember correctly MM ages/dries their cobs two years after their harvest before they start manufacturing pipes with em?
I think they have a process that speeds things up a bit, now. I could be wrong.

8)

Kyle Weiss":pze1cn1w said:
woodsmansbriar":pze1cn1w said:
If I remember correctly MM ages/dries their cobs two years after their harvest before they start manufacturing pipes with em?
I think they have a process that speeds things up a bit, now. I could be wrong.

8)
Quite possible! I really have no clue. Sadly I have more experience with the corn crop and harvesting/planting it then I do the pipe making process ha.