A word about Avatars . . .

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry. I'll quit goofing off and sit properly the next time I have a picture taken with my pipe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid, I kid. As if I'll ever conform. 8)

I kind of see your point, but then again, conduct is always king, as I say, and if someone has a picture of a pipe smoking jackalope, is it that much a worry? I hate pictures of myself. I find they don't represent me nearly enough as my personality, wit and words do.

I can feel you on what your saying. I dont know if you noticed mine has a shot of me now. At first I used a differant avatar simply I didnt know yall yet. As I felt exepted , more aquainted, I felt better about revealing me. Trust is earned not given.

mine is a perfect likeness of me, according to my granddaughter, who drew it for fathers day in kindergarten. Much easier on the eyes than an actual photograph, according to my wife :lol:

Puff Daddy dont mind us you sir have the best avatar in the bunch. Yours is done with LOVE :heart:

Kyle Weiss":dvj466l5 said:
I'll quit goofing off and sit properly the next time I have a picture taken with my pipe.
Kyle - How about this avatar? (okay, okay, I'm just kidding again!) :D :D :D

Plumbernater: Good point!

Puff Daddy":dvj466l5 said:
Much easier on the eyes than an actual photograph, according to my wife :lol:
That's what my wife tells me all the time, too.

Jason: Nicknames are cool!. Beside, a lot of brothers end up using their first names at some point.

I am the plumbernater, Got a plumbing problem , I need some PAD and TAD money :roll: And if I have to leave and get parts I get to say "Ill be back"

That avatar pic of Jason's is actually him, cruising for chicks on his pedal tractor at age three. He still uses the same sweater and pipe to this day, babe magnet.

Kyle Weiss":yk895q9o said:
I hate pictures of myself. I find they don't represent me nearly enough as my personality, wit and words do.
I swear I'm not out to make a career of quoting Kyle, but I have to admit, this hits it on the head. Y'know, minus the wit. *rim shot*

My picture changes based on what I feel represents me at the time for however long it does. My first avatar here was a picture of me when I was 4 wearing a Hawaiian shirt, a mustache, and an eye patch. That picture pretty much summed me up. I began to feel like I wanted a different picture to represent my personality and found the one you see to your left. For now, it works, but I guarantee it'll change at some point.

Now, UberHuberMan has a story. Take a seat by the fire, light your pipe, and allow me a moment to tell my tale.

When I was in middle school, I started using the handle "blakplayg1" for just about everything. That does not say "black play girl" like some have been so kind to point out over the years. :p

During high school, a few of my friends gave me a nickname "Super Huber Man," gainfully obtained through a series of elaborate and fascinating conversations(my name is David Huber, so you see where that came from[and now you all have my name. There. :p ]). Since a good chunk of these friends were taking German, "Super Huber Man" inevitably turned into "Uber Huber Man" and the name stuck. Well, for the rest of high school at least. Those friends always loved to call me that and I loved being known as "Uber." It made me feel special and positive about myself. Who doesn't need that when you're in high school? But y'know what, it still does.

When I got to college, I began to really feel good about myself and started searching for a new way to be known via e-mail, chat, forum, and my all around digital life. Once the decision was made, I transitioned most of my accounts from "blakplayg1" to "uberhuberman," with the exception of my credit card accounts.

And thus it was and thus it shall be for the foreseeable future.

Puff Daddy":0hiu5jkv said:
That avatar pic of Jason's is actually him, cruising for chicks on his pedal tractor at age three. He still uses the same sweater and pipe to this day, babe magnet.
I actually looked pretty similar when I was kid now that you mention it. :lol:

Maybe I'll change my avatar to me...

OK now I'm just me.

Here on BoB or anywhere on the internet we really don't know whom we're speaking to and that can turn out not to our liking if you know what I mean, like some wacko, ya just never know. And as far as you wanting to see what I look like, trust you don't want to. My Avatar is pretty close to whom I am.

What?

Ok, I think I have said this before, but it's probably been lost in some Forum upgrade or something.

My buddy Josh was my best friend for nearly 13 years. I still miss him. As I miss a lot of those that have passed that I was fond of. Josh will have been gone over 20 years now. Over 20 years........wow.

I can be found lurking in a Chicago thread, if a person doesn't mind seeing a fat, old, ugly, curmudgeon. :sunny:

plumbernater":bpi9xauj said:
AW come on now I showed my ugly mug
Okay, but this is the only recent one I have and it before I shaved.
TOOTHLESSOLDMAN.gif

Cartaphilus":8bz2oho4 said:
plumbernater":8bz2oho4 said:
AW come on now I showed my ugly mug
Okay, but this is the only recent one I have and it before I shaved.
TOOTHLESSOLDMAN.gif
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

...that's a joke, right? :scratch:

What ya mean joke?
You laughing at my tooth? That's one a clench with.
You try doing it with one tooth and see how funny it is.