A word about Avatars . . .

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I like seeing the faces I am chatting with. I understand not wanting to put your pictures up. I've never liked the whole social network thing and maybe have got on face book once in three months, but every one here seems like stand up people for the most part. So i feel comfortable enough to share my mug.

Regarding so called "Avatars". I do like to know am corresponding with a person. I also don’t like (not so much here) cryptic alpha numeric names. I do not spend much time on these “forums” but in general, if people need to be so clandestine as to look like a say, an abstract fractal image along with a name that is reminiscent of the equation that generated it, I most likely will not respond.

I have graced this venue with my visage from
time to time; most recently from a trip to Montreal.
img_5611.jpg

Y'all still have to talk to the Amberjack. :lol!:

I'd claim this was my portrait, but as anyone can see, it's clearly a painting of Dr. T 999. :D
You've given me something to think about, Airborne. Normally, I automatically opt for anonymity online. Maybe it's time for a change. I should probably admit that my name's not Kaplan, either.

Mine is of one of the first sculptures I ever created. Art and sculpting is a real passion of mine so I consider the avatar very personal.

Well, where else can I be Lord Kitchener, or a Japanese cartoon character? :geek:

All this talk about avatars has inspired me to change mine. Don't get mad at me for having to look at my ugly mug...blame Airborne!

me3.jpg

Actually, I'm quite impressed Airborne had as much impact with the subject as he has! :lol:

Kyle Weiss":biup7sw9 said:
Actually, I'm quite impressed Airborne had as much impact with the subject as he has! :lol:
Just having some fun. I get bored with my Avatars very quickly, so I change them often. Considereing I'm looking at myself, can't imagine this one sticking around too long.