Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh! My furnace & AC died!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Our regular maintenance/service inspection tipped us to a potential problem that then came true. Massive explosion, half the city leveled, favorite craft ale breweries up in foam!

Well, the visual might be slightly exaggerated but the hit to our retirement fund is grotesque. I’m having what’s left of our neighbors come over tomorrow for a special service and singing of “Kumbaya”. Candlelight vigil begins at 11 p.m. BYOB.

Had the A/C replaced this past summer. A 50 year old Bryant? Guy said it was the oldest unit he's seen...and then told me the new ones last 12-15 years if you're lucky. As I said not that long ago, inflation isn't going to keep people working. It's the planned obsolescence. Who will be able to quit working if you have to replace every major appliance ever 12 years? Water heaters. A/C. Furnace. Refrigerator. Washer/Dryer. Stove.

Our AC went out one summer when we lived in Arizona. It was so miserably hot but it was during a holiday weekend so we didn't bother calling the repair guy until that Tuesday, he yelled at us for waiting lol

Our AC went out one summer when we lived in Arizona. It was so miserably hot but it was during a holiday weekend so we didn't bother calling the repair guy until that Tuesday, he yelled at us for waiting lol
Our old package unit in SoAZ failed in the summer a couple of years ago. You wouldn’t believe the difference in quotes we got. I ended up paying under half of the highest quote for the same specs/warranty.

We had to replace our heating system last summer,Luckily, I know a guy,LOL! 10 Grand and he put in all new copper pipes,too. It was great that it happened in the summer time.

Our heat pump is dying. Looks like it will be almost 10k to replace it, since our current one is 20 years old and no one will service it.

Whelp. That's our savings for the year gone.