Adding bowls up

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soshae I feel your pain. but I have been collecting "smokers" since 1964.

danindayton

Just counted and again and I have 27 pipes total. 25 are briar, 1 cob and 1 homemade (by Dreadgerbil) old style alt wood with bamboo churchwarden.

Thankfully I have been too busy and too poor for a PAD attack. Which, more than those to just mentioned factors, has primarily been mitigated by my vary carefully not looking at any new pipes. Which is really hard when I walk into the local B&M.

Those unfinished savinellis are tempting. very very tempting. :evil:

J Soshae":es24s22j said:
My money and my son goes to the University of Alabama. :elephant:
Yeah, but to me my Son's education would be more import that collecting pipes right now.

Just think - when he pays you back you can add that money to your PAD/TAD budget. Then go out and buy that many more pipes! :D

Just think - when he pays you back..........

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :p :p :p

Yeah right. But seriously, it is an investment that will pay itself back many times over. It just might be paid back to future grandkids one day.

Dear Gentlemen, you are all scaring me! I am a new pipe smoker, although I have been an occasional (and occasionally heavy) cigar smoker for most of the last fifteen years. I have been introduced to pipe smoking by a friend here in Afghanistan when my cigar supply was running out. He gifted me his spare corn cob pipe, which I am enjoying along with the several tins of tobacco he gave me. Of course, I had to order myself a few pipes and some tobacco samplers. Soon I will have a Peterson Claddagh, Big Ben Presidential, and a Stanwell along with some Frog Morton, McClelland Orientals, and Nording tobacco samplers. Certainly these three pipes will be enough? Okay, so I would most definitely like a Churchwarden. But then that is it! So maybe a nice meerschaum, like the fine Nude Mermaid example I saw this morning on Meerschaum Merchant. Won't that be enough? All right, so maybe I would like to dabble in restoring a few estate pipes, too. But surely that will be all I need. Right?

RIGHT?

Help...

I know a guy who keeps only 7 briars. When he acquires a new one he passes a pipe to a newb with less than 7.

gravel":4aywkhrr said:
I know a guy who keeps only 7 briars. When he acquires a new one he passes a pipe to a newb with less than 7.
Gravel, sounds like a true gentleman!

Leyte":zc9u5uh0 said:
27 and two meers, really all I need :!:
My good sir, I believe the notion of "need" is subjective. Therefore our individual notions of "need" should be expected to be different, and I shall honor your notion of "need". Now, to explain this to our women folk...

-------32------. My rack holds 36 so I have four resting places to go.

Sean68":i06u6d4u said:
Leyte":i06u6d4u said:
27 and two meers, really all I need :!:
My good sir, I believe the notion of "need" is subjective. Therefore our individual notions of "need" should be expected to be different, and I shall honor your notion of "need". Now, to explain this to our women folk...
This explanation you speak of my friend is the point... However I seem to be able to buy what I want at antique shops when we visit them, this has become my normal approach to a "new" pipe. I just wish there were more to be found in these antique shops.

I will just suffer through with this bowl of Chelsea Morning this fine evening...

Cheers.

I own 32. 3 are cobs, 2 are Savinelli's, 5 are new Grabows, 18 are vintage Grabows, 1 old Kaywoodie I'm going to refurbish, 1 sterling silver wrapped pipe, and 2 unmarked pipes. I wanna get outta Grabows and get into Stanwells, Savs, and Petersons... Desperately. I see a whole bunch of those pipes I love, but I just can't afford em lol. Oh well. If it smokes it smokes I guess. (Pshh, doesn't change my wants).
Zach

I am going to get around to counting mine, I just haven't decided to devote the time, since they are scattered all over the house in different places. :lol:

I'm at... 2.

I've got two more Savinelli's on my wish list though. Birthday's in November and then there's Christmas so I've got my fingers crossed!

Being young, married, a student, and having a baby just isn't conducive to my desires!

Rikeshar":9vee1xaj said:
I'm at... 2.

I've got two more Savinelli's on my wish list though. Birthday's in November and then there's Christmas so I've got my fingers crossed!

Being young, married, a student, and having a baby just isn't conducive to my desires!
In your case, get a few cobs to tide you over.