Anyone seen anything on Netflix worth watching?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The girl with dragon tattoo", if you don't mind reading Swedish subtitles. Then "the girl who played with fire", and lastly "the girl who kicked the hornets nest". A fine trilogy all the way.

We watch a lot of British mystery and police procedural series on Netflix--Midsomer Murders, Kingdom (with Stephen Fry), Inspector Morse... The pacing is very different from their American equivalent, but with that caveat, if you like that sort of show, you might dig these.

DO NOT miss the Buck documentary on Showtime and streaming on Netflix. Beautiful. Ugly. Profound. Interesting. One of those things you watch and learn about yourself and each other. Horses are great creatures to watch, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1753549/

Simple Man":c6uswt00 said:
Great! Y'all gave me some good recommendations. I'll be up most of the night more than likely, so I'll check some of them out. Right now I'm watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... I've never seen it before. Pretty interesting movie.
Thats a good one Chief! <g>
"The Debt" with Helen Miren was excellent, watched recently.
We're watching "Contagion" now, also very good.

Not sure if it is on Netflix but the remake of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is a great movie while puffing away. Definitely a movie to pay attention too and better if you read the book prior.

GeoffC":mr969u65 said:
Not sure if it is on Netflix but the remake of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is a great movie while puffing away. Definitely a movie to pay attention too and better if you read the book prior.
I was looking at that one, wasn't it a tv series? I tried reading the book, but it reads horribly (or is that just me?)
The new remake looks terrific.

There was an Alec Guinness version 20 years ago. I love the book as well as others with George Smiley. This version was a movie and very detailed.

If you don't mind reading subtitles, "Castaway On The Moon," 2009 Korean flick. If you watch it and honestly don't like it, I'll send you a tin of your favorite tobacco (within reason), Simple Man.

Not kidding.

8)

Watched a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey on Netflix last night, highly reccomended.

Puff Daddy":xjletqg4 said:
Watched a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey on Netflix last night, highly reccomended.
One of the best ever. Truly. season 2 + X-mas episode are of equal, grand quality.

Zeno Marx":wvznckkd said:
Puff Daddy":wvznckkd said:
One of the best ever. Truly. season 2 + X-mas episode are of equal, grand quality.
I just saw this for the first time last night, watched episodes 1 and 2. Looks like only season 1 is up on Netflix, 7 episodes total. Hopefully they put season 2 up as well.

Also on Netflix is Gosford Park, which was written and controlled by the same chap who wrote and controls Downton Abbey, Julian Fellowes. Won a bunch of awards that year, but we all know that doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. I gave the movie 8/10, but it also didn't have two seasons and tens of episodes to develop and breathe. He's a master writer, no doubt about it.