Anyone stocking up on certain MacBaren tins?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that the discontinued blends are the ones that don't sell as well in the foreign market, which is one of the gauges MacBaren uses to determine popularity. And they are planning on replacing those blends with new products in the coming year, which may have factored into the decision they made. As a fan of BLB, I'm not crazy about it.

Well, it is a fact. These blends are gone. Get em while you can boys.

Just got this reply from my inquiry to Mac Baren:

"Dear Jim,

It is not just a rumor, it is also a fact that Burley London Blend and Norwood among a few others has been discontinued in our production. The are still stock in the US, however when that stock are out these products do no longer exist. It is always hard to say godbye to good old friends, but they had to leave our program in order to make room for new blends to come out in 2014.

Happy smoke
Per Georg Jensen"

I have a couple pounds of BLB, so I'm good. I suspect a run on the last of it, as BLB has a following. The others that are going away I've either not tried or wasn't a big fan of, except for Norwood which is a solid blend.

If they were going to hang onto just one burley blend they chose right in keeping Golden Extra.

but they had to leave our program in order to make room for new blends to come out in 2014.
Now I can't wait to see what MacBaren will release next year.
~Ron