Ardor pipes, your thoughts......

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least one of the ugliest finishes I've ever seen on a pipe. I'm afraid there might be others just as awful.

I knew a guy who collected the massive Ardors, particularly the ball shapes about the size of a major league baseball. He never talked about their smoking qualities. I thought to try one, but my economics were concentrated elsewhere. A local, convenient, used one never came up for trade.

I think this one is pretty darn ugly:

al038.jpg

But this one is rather attractive:

maf052.jpg

But they all have personality, strangely.

Matt

Zeno thats their best finish.. If I liked the shape and the stem was a wee small bit more colorful I'd buy that pipe.. (ok the truth is I cant afford it, but still...lol)

pipedirector, that one IS pretty damn ugly, but not uglier than the one I posted. The one you showed at least can bring out the Pooh appreciation in me. However, it DOES have that terrible tooling, like the one I showed, on the smooth parts. They need to permanently loose the chisel.

I think they are a bit overpriced in general. At pipes shows, the distributor discounts them a good bit, and they are a good buy. They make a lot of large, bizaare, and gaudy pipes. I have one, a Urano Old Briar Series 2004 #22, and it is an excellent smoker. It is about a grp 6 in size.
Ardor.jpg

I own five and find them to be exceptional smokers. All were purchased from one of, if not the nicest guy in the business, Steve Monjure. I smoke them all regularly and never have any issues. I'd highly recommend them. Yes, they come in all shapes and sizes and I don't fancy some but the variety is a testament to the talents of the Roveras.

This one is my favorite and is Ardor's 100th Anniversary Edition Mercurio. Just check out that birdseye!

skaukatt":ndqyd2wq said:
I own five and find them to be exceptional smokers. All were purchased from one of, if not the nicest guy in the business, Steve Monjure. I smoke them all regularly and never have any issues. I'd highly recommend them. Yes, they come in all shapes and sizes and I don't fancy some but the variety is a testament to the talents of the Roveras.

This one is my favorite and is Ardor's 100th Anniversary Edition Mercurio. Just check out that birdseye!
Stunning!
That is the nicest Ardor I've ever seen!

Love my Ardor I have. Picked it up for a steal about 2 weeks before turkeyday last year. I like the others don't know if i could pay the full 300-350 and up for a new one but i also said i would never buy a dunhill so.... yeah. The reason i like the Ardors is they are big and unique. most of them anyways.

Harlock999":tnvi2oye said:
skaukatt":tnvi2oye said:

Stunning!
That is the nicest Ardor I've ever seen!
That's some of the tightest birdseye I've seen on a pipe. What a great shape to properly show it off, too. 8)

I bought this one from Steve at the Kaywoodie Event in Dec. 2011. He held on to it for me since last Chicago Show and I'm glad he did because when I saw it in person, I could not put it back down on his table. I thought the grain was spectacular. It has a large capacity bowl but smokes superbly.

Thanks, guys.

They do some of the nicer [bent] bulldogs I've seen in a while. It's good to know they give discounts at shows. Handy information.