Are They Really this Ignorant?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Just seen this on Craigslist. :lol!: 

Road Closed

Sorry if this should have been in the "Rubber Room", just wasn't sure.

I'm in construction and my wife is a DOT engineer/project manager. NEVER underestimate the confusion of the motoring public. You plan and sign the job for the most brain addled old person and trucker but no one gets it (but this is one area younger drivers seem to get better than seasoned motorists). People can't deal with something new. It's just a fact of road construction. :shock: 

Speaking as a moron, I sometimes bypass these signs just to see what's going on. I also believe these signs are sometimes placed just to cover someone's ass, re liability issues when the road is substandard and awaiting repairs, though still passable. That's been my experience. But don't pass one of these signs and then have an accident; in other words it's on your head if you do.

We've got a few of those around here. "Road closed, businesses still open" sign. Try to visualize this: Sign is at an intersection. Both roads at the light have a center turning lane. A lot of commercial (semi trucks) traffic. The sign is in the middle of the right hand lane. If someone gets in the center turn lane (next to the sign) then no one can go straight up the road, they have to wait for the other car to turn in front of you (you roll down your window and wave them through). By this time the light has changed. And since the sign is in the road, semi's turning onto the road have to use both remaining two lanes to turn, so all of the cars have to back up to let him through. They've been working on this for two years now. The sign has been moved up the road a hundred feet or so a couple of times (by private citizens/annoyed drivers) , but the powers that be keep moving it back so it stays in the way!

Can't help to wonder what these people do when they come across a sign that say's "Bridge Out" or "Do Not Enter" Duh!

Are They Really This Ignorant?

And they walk among us.:twisted:

There is a bike/hiking trail just a block from my home that follows along the east bank of Sand Creek going North/South.  One of my favorite hikes is to walk some three miles south than back, or vice versa.  

Just after an enormous storm a couple weeks ago, a large concrete barrier was place in a constricted area that blocked the trail. A sign had been painted on it stating TRAIL CLOSED.

Curious, I skirted around the barrier and continued on.  I felt for sure the creek had somehow washed a portion of the trail away, or something like that; but, save for some non-threatening bank erosion that cut into the trail by maybe a foot (the trail being approximately ten feet across in most places) there was nothing at all alarming for the next several miles.  

On my return, I perched on the barrier and had a peaceful pipefull. That was just before the damnable new law that restricts all smoking on trails within city limits.  

The barrier remains in place without explanation or any kind of work being done.  

I remain ignorant.

The american idiot - hardly an endangered species! Loud & proud ...

...and breeding like rabbits! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: 

Let's take out the stupid-factor for a moment...there's no use arguing with a pig in that regard. Stupid happens, welcome to humanity.

What's left over are people likely curious...been guilty of that. Wanna get people like me in a place? Put up a "Keep Out" sign. "Danger," you say? I say "Excitement!" :lol: Certain signs naturally beg folks to check stuff out. Why? They're bored. Kind of like the poster that felt it necessary to spend time watching people go past a sign. And then post on Craigslist about it.

Most signs are there for your information, not your protection. No matter what they say. Interpretation is key. "DO NOT ENTER" for those who might go the wrong direction on the freeway are important. "HIGH VOLTAGE" makes its point. Other signs are really saying, "Please, my insurance agency would be really upset if you sued us, so do us a favor and stay over there, okay?" :lol:

:explorer: :voluntarilystupid:

8)

One thing they like to do here is close the bathrooms just so people will stay out of them. They just lock them up after they've been cleaned so they'll stay that way. :suspect: 

If you ask them to open it they'll direct you to use one the next building over because this one is clean. Wouldn't it make sense to close the dirty one until its cleaned? :confused: 

E, and then people just do their business outside. And then laws get made against people peeing outside, rather than supporting the opening of bathrooms (or more of them). :lol:

Kyle Weiss":wyyb45on said:
Let's take out the stupid-factor for a moment...there's no use arguing with a pig in that regard.   Stupid happens, welcome to humanity.

What's left over are people likely curious...been guilty of that.   Wanna get people like me in a place?  Put up a "Keep Out" sign.   "Danger," you say?   I say "Excitement!"   :lol:  Certain signs naturally beg folks to check stuff out.   Why?   They're bored.   Kind of like the poster that felt it necessary to spend time watching people go past a sign.   And then post on Craigslist about it.  

Most signs are there for your information, not your protection.   No matter what they say.   Interpretation is key.    "DO NOT ENTER" for those who might go the wrong direction on the freeway are important.   "HIGH VOLTAGE" makes its point.     Other signs are really saying, "Please, my insurance agency would be really upset if you sued us, so do us a favor and stay over there, okay?"   :lol: 

:explorer:  :voluntarilystupid:

8)
Kyle rocks, as usual.

Hey M'Fers, didja know that pipe smokin' is BAD for you? Gives ya cancer and sheet. Whatcha doin' with a pipe in yo' mowf? Need a sign?

Ignorance, Arrogance and Selfishness is truly among us. :lol!: 

At least once a month I get people calling (normally older) who ask how to power on their computer, and proceed to ask what a power button is.... and most the time they're engineers.:fpalm: 

True story, had a guy call to report that the battery on his mac laptop was starting to grow, heat up intensely and crack / break out of the case of his computer. I told him to power it off and step away from it (probably dangerous) and I would send some one out ASAP. He told me he was too busy for that and he was taking the laptop to a large meeting where the techs could meet him.:shock: 

I am never ceased to be amazed how dumb people can be.