Avast Pilots! June's victim of Good Will is Waiting!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are up and away, the runway was covered by fog but that lifted quickly once the sun got above the horizon, the Fokker is now chugging its way towards the target. Intel sent to HQ.

Cheers

Tim

Folks, we are enroute and forming up nicely! Alpha Wing is five by five, Delta Force is on target and closing..... :twisted:

Good afternoon pilots!

I'm running short of confirmations people! Don't make me call you out!

Tracking numbers please!!!!

My bird is in the air but I don’t have the tracking number on me—will update HQ tonight!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IUkKkWAREFg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

:twisted:

MAYDAY MAYDAY - UNDER ATTACK - TAKE COVER -

Be advised that chez Brewdude is currently under attack by enemy forces. 3 direct hits have been scored and I'm heading to the bunker with emergency supplies to ride out the firestorm!

Damage control reports are starting to come in to headquarters. It ain't pretty folks, so please avert your eyes if you are of delicate constitution and temperament.

Two USPS bombs exploded my mailbox just now:

2 oz bulk of C&D Billy Budd Blonde (have been wanting to try this)
2 oz bulk of C&D Old Joe Krantz (a perennial fave of mine)
2 oz bulk of C&D Haunted Bookshop (never had this before)
4 x 56 pack of BJ Long cleaners (just exactly the ones I normally use)

1.5 oz tin of Sutliff 1849 (never had this but it's a VaPer which is my go-to)
2 oz bulk of Newminster Superior Navy Flake (another new one that sounds right in my wheelhouse)
100 count BJ Long cleaners (never can have too many of these)

:monkey:

And then during the relative calm after the first assault wave, a large brown truck and a driver disguised as a friendly deliveryman proceed to assault the premises further. He delivered a rather large and suspicious box which contained the following ordinance, which foolishly I opened in good faith and received a blast that had me running for cover. To wit-

A very beautiful and large humidor which appears to be brand new and is obviously constructed of Spanish Cedar. It has the picture of an African Elephant on it and is a real showpiece. Think I've seen that somewhere, but have been out the cigar thing for a while. It contained the following mind-blowing contents-

1.5 oz box of Carter Hall, 1.5 oz box of Prince Albert (both of which are my go-to codger blends, and hey - I'm a codger now)

1.5 tin of H&H West Coast Pipe Show 2011 Blend "Sierra Nevada" (new to me, never even heard of it until just now, but apparently it contains Virginia, Oriental, and Perique. Sounds like my kind of blend.)

2 oz tin of C&D '07 Red Carpet (Another new one, but red 'ginnies and Perique are a winning combo in my book)

2 oz tin og '17 GLP Stonehenge Flake ('ginnies, Perique, and a little Burley. I've read about this and always wanted to check it out, and now here's my chance).

40 gm tin of '16 Ryback. (Never even heard of this before, but apparently contains dark fired. Sounds intriguing.)

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE......

40 gm tin of '16 Don Giovanni Sigaro (another unknown - how can there be so many I've never heard of?) which is described as containing Nicaraguan, Dominican, Ecuadorian, Indonesian, and Brazilian tobaccos. Holy Moly this sound like a blend for a seegar doesn't it? And as I was formerly a total cigar guy this piques my interest!

40 gm tin of Picayune. Heard of this but never checked it out. Contains flue-cured Gold Leaf (whatever that means), Perique, and Samsun Oriental. Another dee-lish-us combo to check out.

40 gm tin of '16 Rimboche A.P. (How can there be so many unknowns?) In any case it also has flue-cured Gold leaf, and Perique. What's not to like say I?

40 gm tin of '16 Rimboche S.J. and I assume the S.J. means Saint James P-weed. Looks like I was right for once! Sounds totally yummy.

And finally (you were waiting for that weren't you....drum roll please....)

40 gm tin of Two Timer. Burley blend, and I do like a good Burley as a counterpoint to my usual diet of Va/VaPer.

And not to forget, a humidifier for the Spanish Cedar humidor as well as a very nice and personal note written in longhand with a fountain pen (there's a hint for you - only wish my hand writing was as legible)

:silent:  :!:

Really folks, this is totally unexpected and unprecedented, and it seems obvious that this was a plan to send me on the way into retirement which I have just moved forward the dates as well as made all and sundry aware of here.

At first I thought it was collateral damage from the June bombing run. Now I know different. And it humbles me to see that y'all have taken the time and interest to check out my preferences.

This warms my cold old curmudgeonly heart, and while I don't want to get all sloppy about this (fighting back a tear right now as I type) I want to say I appreciate all the folks who make BoB what it is. You are the core and heartbeat of what makes this site run as great as it is, and it is.

Go in peace and love my brothers and sisters. And while I cannot nearly thank you enough personally for your heartfelt and thoughtful gifts it is noted.

Need to sign off right now and get some supper in. Thanks for reading to the end of this, as I get a little long winded at times....well most times.....

And while I'd love to post pics, sadly I do not have a digital camera......

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

This addresses the problem of what a man is to do in his spare time once retirement sets in :lol: :cheers:

That's one helluva first wave!

:twisted: Oh, the Blitz has only begun.. Things are about to get messy.........

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZuXxy8cjZQA" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

What the heck?!!!

I'm taking friendly fire! Stop the attack...repeat...stop the attack!

I'm in a state of shock and confusion. It appears there was some sort of communications mixup at command, and attack coordinates have been given to members of my own squadron who have mistakenly targeted my base. Two bombs have detonated at home base, forcing me to engage auxiliary communications, and rendering my runway inoperative.

Abort mission! Over? Can anyone hear me? Over? Abort mission!

Damage report to follow

:twisted: MUAHAHAHAAA!!!

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished :twisted:

Nothing like a two front war to get one's blood flowing, eh?

( Throws his head back in laughter, coughs a bit, then relights his pipe)

Sweet......