Bic to light your pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":ztcyf357 said:
I used BIC’s for years but I got tired of scorching rims and burning my fingers. I still use kitchen matches from time to time but I upgraded to two Kiribi Kabuto’s. Love the soft adjustable flame and long lasting fuel tank

^^^^^^^This + 1^^^^^^^. I use the Kiribi for lighting my pipes while on the inside of my house and my Nimrod Commander whenever I go outside. JMO but no other lighter equals the Nimrod Commander in quality and dependability. :)

AJ

DrumsAndBeer":lvwuu2ut said:
AJ, good to see you around again.

It’s been awhile. 8)
Thanks Chris. Not sure how long I'll be able to stick around but for now it"s good to be back with my many friends which certainly includes you. :)

AJ

Hey AJ, also great to see you posting again. You've been missed!

:D

Don't think I've used a bic to light a pipe. Cigars, yes, pipes, no. However, if and when I travel via air I'll certainly pick up a bic when I land. Don't want to carry anything that would be confiscated by the overzealous TSA gendarmes!

Cheers,

RR

I prefer using a pipe lighter that has a tamper built in. My weapon of choice is an IM Corona Pipemaster. The fuel capacity is good and the tamper is pretty long. I get much better control with the angled flame than I did with a Bic.

So many rules. Nah. Keep 'em.

Dollar Tree. 3 for $1. Had great luck with them; down to the empty. I'm interested in those Clippers though. Hate the waste. Had the same IMCO for many years, and then the valve gave way.

DrumsAndBeer":gp5xkqqn said:
I used BIC’s for years but I got tired of scorching rims and burning my fingers. I still use kitchen matches from time to time but I upgraded to two Kiribi Kabuto’s. Love the soft adjustable flame and long lasting fuel tank
+1 for the Kirbi Kabuto. I've used a bic lighter which was fine but I like the angled flame better.