Board Participation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tryin' to hold my end up!!! There are a bunch of folks I/we haven't heard from much lately. Wish ya'll would come back; makes the discussions more funner!!!! Come on back now, ya' heah!!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

I'm trying to hold up my end, but I'm having to spend more time at the shop to finance my Tad habit.

I also don't post much, largely because I have very little to say coupled with very little time. And I have never been one to shout, "Amen." Like many others, however, I do wander by here just about every day.

The other reason I don't post much is because my work life is spent either sitting at a computer and writing or standing in front of a group pontificating. I'm pretty much brain dead by the end of the day and get far more pleasure firing up a pipe and selfishly reading what others have taken the time to post. (I'm posting now because it's morning before work and I'm fresh as a daisy after the rain.)

Thanks to all who post regularly.

I'd like to have more input but yall all are so much smarter and more informed on the various subjects. I simply enjoy smoking a pipe full and reading what you have to say. Being educated I am. (see what I mean? I sound like Yoda and he's a....he's a dang muppet!)
Smart is knowledge, wisdom is knowing how to use it.

Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world. ~Irish Proverb

I really only like to post a comment when somebody mentions Hockey, Death, or polls. Also i prefer to be a bit of a sniper, take a shot and relocate, repeat.

Most importantly i go to the rubber room to find out what REALLY is going on in the US, you old timers really do follow your politkkin'! 8)

Participate? I thought you said precipitate...

I try to hold my comments for when I can be of some assistance in the realm of info opinion or kudos - lest countless vague humors be unleashed, like the one above.

:)

I haven't had much time to get too deep on the board recently, but I do like to encourage my brothers where I can, and I like to participate when and how I can. You never know who you might come across or help just by giving an encouraging word or two. Plus, it's good to be visible. You never know who you might meet and become good friends with on a good message board like this one.

Most importantly i go to the rubber room to find out what REALLY is going on in the US, you old timers really do follow your politkkin'!
Ain't that the truth!

I just signed up this last month, so I'm trying to catch up, ask a bunch of newbie questions so that you old timers can thrash me at every opportunity. ;) :lol:

But like most forums I'm on, there is a general slowdown in the summer, everyone is just out doin sum thin in the good weather. :sunny:

and when they get inside, their wives are laying around in a new stockings and garters outfit, so there goes the evening. :bounce:

especially if you have to smoke afterwards. Just no time for the stinkin Internet.

hobie1dog":hnwpg2j8 said:
and when they get inside, their wives are laying around in a new stockings and garters outfit, so there goes the evening.
Ha. And how long have you been married?

Glad someone said something :)

It was taking all my willpower to restrain myself...

Perhaps it's a North Carolina thing :)

Kapnismologist":ycb3v52p said:
hobie1dog":ycb3v52p said:
and when they get inside, their wives are laying around in a new stockings and garters outfit, so there goes the evening.
Ha. And how long have you been married?
33 GLORIOUS YEARS....actually the stockings and garter thing is far and few between, but she's still a firecracker. :cherry:

She's only home on Sat and Sundays so we have to maximize our time. :cheers:

I "lurk" more than post generally, but I've been trying to be more involved lately. Thing is there are quite a few extremely erudite pipesters here so I try to listen more than give advice....

MisterE":64l26ij5 said:
I "lurk" more than post generally, but I've been trying to be more involved lately. Thing is there are quite a few extremely erudite pipesters here so I try to listen more than give advice....
There are a lot of pros here, for sure.

Funny how when I was smoking a pipe at a festival recently I went through my regimen with a fellow who inquired of me, and he told me I was a such a knowledgeable person when it comes to pipesmoking. I laughed at the thought, and he asked me where he could learn more about the hobby. I told him I was but a novice, and directed him to this board. There's a wealth here.

I second Mister E. I have learned alot by listening but my questions have been answered when asked.

I check in most nights, late, and read up on the new posts. Quite frequently when a question has been posted so have answers which cover any point I would have made. so I can do a "ditto" or nod and go on to the next post. Since I am not in a frantic race to run up the # of posts by my name, as seems to be the goal of some especially as seen over on another board which shall remain nameless (SFUK) (LOL).

Also since I think I have learned to engage my mind before i engage my mouth or in this case start typing on the key board, my posts frequently take me a bit to think through and type up.

Al (in Canada)

Al in Canada":27c6zirz said:
I check in most nights, late, and read up on the new posts. Quite frequently when a question has been posted so have answers which cover any point I would have made. so I can do a "ditto" or nod and go on to the next post. Since I am not in a frantic race to run up the # of posts by my name, as seems to be the goal of some especially as seen over on another board which shall remain nameless (SFUK) (LOL).

Also since I think I have learned to engage my mind before i engage my mouth or in this case start typing on the key board, my posts frequently take me a bit to think through and type up.

Al (in Canada)
Ditto what Al said. :D