BoB Portrait Gallery

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you still look kind of happy, Rev. :D

me walking the dog a few weeks ago when it was freezing out
Vo4kYdE.jpg

the rev":lv1tr261 said:
this is me at work wanting to go home and eat chicken soup and cuddle up by the fire, drinking hot toddy til I don't care how shit I feel. this man cold is killing me
And it shows Rev. Getter better soon.

Now here is one good looking dude:

Image19.jpg

Kirk Fitzgerald":822x9bp4 said:
One of me with our younger daughter Isis, taken this morning as it happens, she has totally rocked my World, I never thought I could love anything or anyone as deeply as I love Isis, scary for Isis but she is like a Girl mini version of me in her warped sense of humour and her behaviour, poor darling.

TOF-Isis_zpsc6b5987e.jpg
Oh she is so BEAUTIFUL! :heart: Lovely picture, thank you for posting it, made me smile.

Beautiful kid Kirk, you're a lucky guy.

Mozjo, those ear flaps really make the picture :)

Kirk Fitzgerald":jlvm9k69 said:
Stargazing is right... :heart:
And I know that "rocked my world" feeling. My four year old has that knack.
It's an incredible feeling when you look into those eyes, see a part of yourself,
and you just know it's all over, in the best way.

Cheers.

Thanks for the wonderful compliments regarding Isis, so very sweet of you guys.

Ya hear folk saying that their kids totally changed their lives, Isis has seriously changed my entire outlook on life, for the first time in my life I feel like there is a reason for me being here. I didn't get this bond with our eldest daughter, I know she loves me as deeply as I love her but we just don't 'click' if you follow me. With Isis, I have found that my World is evolving, a bad side to it though, I am now starting to feel shamed of being such a skint waste of space, due to my well being I am unable to work and this of course means I cannot provide my girls with the kind of lifestyle I would like them to have, I feel profound shame almost everyday when the Mrs says one of the girls needs a new item of clothing, or something similar, as a Father I should be able to provide all they need and much of that which they want, it hurts my heart that the most I can give them is love, food and shelter most days, the Mrs is great, she understands about my illness and doesn't put pressure on me, many folk would, I count my lucky stars we all have our health, but shame is a hard thing to live with.

An observation by a friend who raised two : "Neither one of them has ever said, 'I wish we'd had a nicer bathroom when we were growing up.'"

Stuff that costs money is not where it's at.

You've got the main part right, it looks like.

Full speed ahead without regrets over anything.

And the best part of it is, to the guy you're getting her ready for, is she won't be spoiled.

That's beyond gold in a woman.

:face:

We do what we can, Kirk. We do what we can, we do it right, and we're all the stronger for it in the end. There's a reason why creativity flourishes in difficulty: it is the natural component to taking one's mind off the bad and and sheds light on possibility. If you have love and commitment with your family fueling this process, well then--ain't nothin' stoppin' ya, mate.

8)

i grew up poor. made me appreciate life more, and work hard for everything i want. never once did i hate my mom for not having money. she always makes the best out of any situation. sure, it would have been cool having video games and superfluous junk, but instead we got stories, bonding time, and memories i cherish more than any trivial piece of junk i've bought with money. keep doing it right.

Yak":yo05ylln said:
An observation by a friend who raised two : "Neither one of them has ever said, 'I wish we'd had a nicer bathroom when we were growing up.'"

Stuff that costs money is not where it's at.

You've got the main part right, it looks like.
One of those times when I agree with Yak. :p And really couldn't agree more!

Kirk, I agree completely. Time and an example are what they need most, along with knowing they are loved. Sounds to me like you are giving them what they need.

God Bless

Pete

Turn the flipping telly off (if not discard it entirely). Teach her to read when she's ready. Play counting & number games. Start memorising poetry together. Play games that require thinking. Raise a kid with the kind of functional brain that used to be taken for granted 60 years ago !

The whole concept of "quality time" is a placebo to ease the consciences of people who don't have enough time to spend, and know it in their guts.

In THAT respect, you're beyond fortunate ! You get one shot. Proceed accordingly !

Yak":ebswkci3 said:
Turn the flipping telly off (if not discard it entirely). Teach her to read when she's ready. Play counting & number games. Start memorising poetry together. Play games that require thinking. Raise a kid with the kind of functional brain that used to be taken for granted 60 years ago !

The whole concept of "quality time" is a placebo to ease the consciences of people who don't have enough time to spend, and know it in their guts.

In THAT respect, you're beyond fortunate ! You get one shot. Proceed accordingly !

please teach her to read and love it. that got me through my childhood.

Such heart warming words, thank you so much guys, does my heart good to see such good things.

This here is our elder daughter, she is actually smiling in this one, she doesn't smile often:

IMG_0099b.jpg

She is of a different nature to Isis, she is very sobering to be in company with (she is very capable of 'airs and graces' if she feels it will get her something, really scary coming from an 8 year old), she seldom smiles unless she is saying something cruel, she very often reminds me in often quite cruel ways that she doesn't have the toys she wants, yesterday she told me she hates me and wishes I was dead because I cannot afford to buy her a new dolls house, she smashed up her old one so she could have a new one, she's only 8 years old but her temperament is more like a 14 year old. I love her with all my heart, I wish so much she would stop saying she hates me so often just because I cannot afford to buy her stuff she wants, this morning she threw a book at me because I said I was sorry but we can't afford to buy her another pair of trainers, I went without a pair of slippers for the winter so she could have a pair of Puma trainers, she has intentionally picked away at the stitching to make them fall apart so she can say she 'needs' a new pair of trainers, she bit me, spat in my face, tried to punch me, pulled a little handful of hair from my beard and then threw a book at me, I swear, she's gonna break my heart one of these days. I had to take myself away to the upstairs bathroom to have a 'manly' cry this morning, I just don't understand where all this hatred for me comes from, she's just rude and ignorant to her mother, but with me she is so aggressive, life is a hell of a strange journey these days, not that it's ever been simple.

Ancient Egyptian Proverb : Young peoples' ears are in their bottoms. :twisted:

My take on the matter of that kind of gross misbehavior and spite, to the extent (if any) that anybody cares.

Greyson":hp6xwh9m said:
Ken, are you secretly Kevin Bacon?
No but I have been told by several people that some pics look like James Hetfield.

Yak":bd4p83e8 said:

I always used to say, quality time can't be planned, it happens spontaneously from quantity time. When you are there, the moments happen.

Kirk, I do know the feeling, been there myself most of my life, and in my case it was my wife and I's decision to put ourselves in that place. But our kids had us, and now they are amazing, wonderful, together girls, who value the important things in life.

rev

As for your oldest... brother, all I can say is I am sorry. We live in a world that tells people they are as valuable as the stuff they own, ect. This intense pressure actually is very difficult on even the youngest of children. It is quite easy to get swept away in that current of materialism. If you want to talk more about this, pm me

rev

Kirk Fitzgerald":1ls8wal6 said:
This here is our elder daughter, she is actually smiling in this one, she doesn't smile often:
Kirk,
That's gut wrenching...
Her words are brutal now, but she's young. However, the lack of smiles is heartbreaking...
I remember reading about autism, (not that that's the case here), and the emotional detachment displayed by kids born that way. It made me so grateful to see my little guy's smile.
I feel for you...
Sometimes it might take an outside set of eyes and ears to assess her unhappiness.
Maybe a social worker, or someone along those lines.

And remember, as the song goes, "you'll never walk alone..."